Amp Modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

I was able to buy a powered sub really cheap from a store going out of business. The sub is one part of the Polk RMDS1 system. This is a Sat-sub system witha separate preamp which connects to the sub with the built in amps. According to the sales person, this sub will only work with Polk system. But for $25.00, I thought I'll take the risk.

The amp for the system(5 channels + sub) is built in the sub. Is there any way I can make a working amp out of its parts? It has a very heavy transformer that impressed me.

I can take digital pictures of the parts inside, and post it if anyone would like to try to help out.

Regards,

By the way, this site is just awesome. Can't believe that I just found it.

Sy,

It uses a db25 cable to send the preamp signals to the amp, but the problem is, Polk also sends a turn on signal through the db25 cable. I figured out that the signal is 24V, but when I rigged it, I hear the relay click once, and then nothing. I guess the amp is looking for something else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.