Unique CFA 120/230W amp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Damir. I am not very good with LTspice and wanted to sim the 200W amp in m*ltisim. I have some queries that maybe you can help me with. Schematic and zipped sim attached. I included a PDF schematic as well, as it is easier to read.

Please bear with me, although I have built several nice amps, I am not an electronics whiz :D

- Can you let me know if I have connected the Servo correctly.
- Should R10/39 be 3k6.
- Should C9/10 be 220p.
- Should C14 have a symmetrical Cap going to the Collector of Q8.
- Have I connected the Signal Grounds correctly.
- I seem to have to use a lot of input signal (3Vp at 1 KHz) to get 200W into 8 Ohm's; have I made an obvious mistake in the schematic.
- Lastly. Can the amp drive 4 or 6 Ohm speakers.

Thanks for all the effort.

Attachments

• Unique-200W.png
    Unique-200W.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Unique-200W.zip
    610.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Unique-200W.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hi Damir. I am not very good with LTspice and wanted to sim the 200W amp in m*ltisim. I have some queries that maybe you can help me with. Schematic and zipped sim attached. I included a PDF schematic as well, as it is easier to read.

Please bear with me, although I have built several nice amps, I am not an electronics whiz :D

- I seem to have to use a lot of input signal (3Vp at 1 KHz) to get 200W into 8 Ohm's; have I made an obvious mistake in the schematic.
Just realised Q21, Q22, Q2. All Collector and Emitters wired in reverse; wonder what else I've gotten wrong!!!:eek:

Seems to work now. Signal Grounds placed as described by Damir. m*ltisim file attached. Sim models updated. Hope it is good now.

Because there is no BOM here are some important data:

Some resistors should have higher dissipation values, others just 0.6W/0.5W 1% metalfilm.

R10/R39 2W metaloxid 5%
R9 2W 1% metalfilm
R37 8W or more metalfilm 1% - I use parallel-serial combination of 2W resistors
output transistors emitter resistors good low impedance 5W

Capacitors used in compensation could be ceramic NP0/C0G, silver mica or polystyrene

Input cap if you use it good polypropylene