Repairing surround channels on a Marantz RS3559

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, I just picked up a Marantz RS3559 for free from Craigslist. Quite a nice unit, and from what I've been able to dig up, this particular model was Dynascan's attempt at redeeming Marantz's name from it's wayward '80s years. The previous owner told me the surround channels no longer function, but as long as all I need is the right and left, it works a charm. She was right, it sounds very nice, clean and clear with plenty of power to spare, and drives my son's monstrous Speakerlab 7's quite nicely.

About the surround channels; one buzzes loudly and the other is totally silent, so I intend to start by blaming the chipamps and replace them first to see what happens.
Here's where it gets sketchy; to replace them, I need to dig up 2 µPC1188h 20 watt power output chipamps (or the HA1350 replacement), but the only place I can find them is at ridiculous prices on ebay or for ridiculously low prices for a batch of ten on Aliexpress. I personally know people who've had good experiences with Aliexpress, but I'm still skeptical about laying out good money for more chips than I need. 13 bucks for a 10-pack isn't bad, I guess, but that's 8 more than I need, and I'm not in the mood to build 4 20-watt-per-channel bookshelf amps.
Link -> [ Electronics] UPC1188H audio amplifier IC-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

So here's my question: Do you fine folks know where to get 2 of them for a reasonable price or if there is a more widely-available direct replacement for these?

P.S. No, I don't need surround sound, but I don't like the thought of these things sucking extra juice sitting there half-blown either. I suppose I could just remove them and call it done, but getting it working again would be better.

Well, here we are almost 2 years later. I finally got some µPC1188h's for a good price off eBay, and my son & I soldered them in. They work quite well, and we now have surround when needed. My son also reported that the sound wasn't as good in the main channels at first ('thinner' sound, lower sound levels, etc.), but after a few days, it was better than ever. Burn-in? Cognitive adjustment? Coincidence?

Well, here we are almost 2 years later. I finally got some µPC1188h's for a good price off eBay, and my son & I soldered them in. They work quite well, and we now have surround when needed. My son also reported that the sound wasn't as good in the main channels at first ('thinner' sound, lower sound levels, etc.), but after a few days, it was better than ever. Burn-in? Cognitive adjustment? Coincidence?

Sounds like the bias is misadjusted.Supposed to be 11mvdc measures across the emitters of each channel (emitter to emitter).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.