Counterfeit transistors???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this topic has been discussed many times before, but I am still unsure whether my mj15003/4's are real. I don't have the equipment to test breakdown voltage, but the lettering DID rub off with nailpolish.

BTW: I bought these from Allied Electronics last summer. My amplifier always sounded bad which started my suspicion.
Here are some pictures of them :

Picture

It's kinda hard to tell, but there is no white epoxy and there is a chip, although it is not made of copper.

Thank you for your time. If you need better pics to decide, just say so and I can work on that.

Peter

Peter,

The picture you have posted is too blurred to make anything of it. However, as I have mentioned earlier in this forum, I have had a similar experience with MOSPEC make transistors of the same types, while Motorola make sounded really good. May be you should mention what manufacturer markings were on your transistors before you rubbed them off with nail polish.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.