Cordell Ap Note on the new LSK489

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seems to be very promising. Did you try it? ...The LSK170 has an input C of around 20 pF and g'old 2SK170BL around 30 pF. If low input C reduces the IMD this thing must "sound" quite good.

Difficult to source here in Germany.

Btw. there also exists a LSK589 - didn't read the specs yet.

Datasheet on the LSK589 is out -- Ciss 5pF, noise 4nV/RtHz, gm 4-10mS

There is a J-channel complement to the 489 -- LSJ489

I have used the LSK389 in Dennis Colin's LN Amplifier.

They also released lsj689 Linear Systems || ULTRA LOW NOISE P-CHANNEL DUAL JFET last year. The LSK589 seams to be even more promising then LSK489 even if Ciss is a little bit higher. As far as I know LSK489 was criticized because of the lower transconductance (compared to LSK389 (LSK170) or 2sk170) but know LSK589 seems to solve this issue. But I couldn't find a graph in the datasheet about operation linearity.

Seems to be very promising. Did you try it? ...The LSK170 has an input C of around 20 pF and g'old 2SK170BL around 30 pF. If low input C reduces the IMD this thing must "sound" quite good.

Difficult to source here in Germany.

Btw. there also exists a LSK589 - didn't read the specs yet.

Hi,

did you try this address
IBF Ingenieur-Büro-Fluck

He is the offical distributor and i got my SST404 from LIS very fast there-

BR
Gunni

@Andrew True, maybe they don't update on a regular basis. I could find the lsk489 (lsj689 aswell) at Trendsetter.com.

@Gunni thx for the source. Do they have some request minimum?

Hi,

Think, they don't have a minimum order limit, because i got an offer, that said <99 pcs, i.e 1 to 99 pcs. Hope you won't order 1 or 2 pcs. I made an request for 5 pcs, and ordered 8 of the SST404 for Suzyj AEM6000.
No problem

@ AndrewT, it was only the advise, that Ingenieur-Buero-Fluck is the official German Distributor für Linear Integrated Systems parts, and so you dont need to order in the states, and pay high costs for Express delivery and import taxes. Check the prices for delivery to Scotland (shipment about 35$ + taxes):)

Cheers with a Canadian Club;)
Gunni

> LSK589 seems to solve this issue

2SK170 has 30mS and 1nV/sqrtHz.
LSK589 has 4nV/sqrtHz and 4-10mS.
2SK209 has 15mS and 1.2nV/sqrtHz, is active product, and costs much less.
Just needs a bit of matching, but then you have it in your own hands as to how well the match is.

The LS dual fets have relatively poor match at 10% Idss.
Toshiba duals were 3%.
If you hand match 2SK209 yourself, you can match to ~10µA.
Standard stock at Mouser, DK, etc.

Patrick

@Gunni - Thx for your info.

@Patrick you'r right - I meant in comparison to the LSK489. SK170 are more gaining. Im searching Duals because I hate matching by hand ... need to find a way to do it faster. But 2SK209 looks pretty good and it is a more modern part. Do you have any other suggestion for modern jfets? BF862 seems to be good aswell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.