Retro Amp 50W Single Supply

Thanks LKA for the test results. Sub .002% HD . My ears said my AX6 was great but it is nice somebody has instruments to measure it.

I suppose by tuned you mean matched Vbe of output transistors? Or did you match gain? Did you have to match the drivers? What 6 transistors did you use? The input and VAS appear to be TO-126 instead of TO-92.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But I see you guys are talking about Power Supply.
Im working on building an amp for myself. And the first step is a good power supply section.
Have been hunting on the web for months. And so far have zeroed in on this design. For my power supply.
It would be fun to have your inputs. Is this a good design. Or should I go with one of the designs here.

Attachments

• amplifer-power-design.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 549
For the compact crc, if you plan on using it on high power, best to use chassis mount rectifiers and connect it to pcb via wires.

PSU 10R , I will ditch them and use on-semi to-264.

PS: I seem to have the exact layout. :)
Hi Prasi,
I assembled a PSU10R for a project. However, it doesn't work. The input voltage is output as it is. Where am I doing wrong? The multi-turn pot does not respond.

Attachments

• IMG_9085.JPG
    IMG_9085.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 216
A 9.1v zener with 5k gives 29v-46v regulation.

R9, R8 and R4 (on my sim) need to be 1/2w components. R9 in particular goes to ~320mW when the pot is at max and 12v zener is used, ~290mW with 9.1v zener. 1/4w just won't cut it for that position.

Power dissipation of the semis seems to be well within their tolerance, but as always experiment with component changes at your own risk.

Reactions: 1 user