Yamaha RX-V2600 does not power up

This is one of those Yamaha recievers that uses a pulsed supply in it's standby supply circuit. There is a coupling capacitor that usually goes bad.

YAMAHA DSP-AX2600 RX-V2600 Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

On page 107 of the service manual you will see a diagram for a board labelled POWER (2). There is a capacitor C4 on this board. This capacitor may be bad. Replace it with an X2 rated dielectric capacitor (the original one might be an ordinary metallised polyester capacitor).

Up and running (replaced with an X2 rated 22nF 275 volt capacitor) thank you jaycee and Tekko both very very much absolutely flawless advice :)
I knew it would be that standby board but never would of picked that cap as it looked pristine in appearance :eek: until of course you guys mentioned it and it measured all over the place .

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you both :hohoho:

P.S. the Aussie version has a brown 22nF 275 volt capacitor for reference not green :)

Kind regards Paul

Last edited:
Having the same problem with the power staying on. Error code PS PRT 107Q. It is set to turn off at 106 so do you thing changing this cap will fix it? My C4 cap is brown and 473K.

473K ??

If there is a standby red light and it does not power on and you get a relay clicking sound it is most likely this cap this cap .
if you mean something else please describe more of your problem .

The unit works for like a month then shut off. Then powers on for 10 minutes and shuts off, 10 minutes then off. Works for another month and then 10 minutes like before. Doing the diagnostic test it shows the error code (ac power to high) at 107. Looking in the diagnostic menu it is set to turn off if it goes over 106. Not sure how to fix.

The unit works for like a month then shut off. Then powers on for 10 minutes and shuts off, 10 minutes then off. Works for another month and then 10 minutes like before. Doing the diagnostic test it shows the error code (ac power to high) at 107. Looking in the diagnostic menu it is set to turn off if it goes over 106. Not sure how to fix.

Resoldering the board(s)is required.

Gajanan Phadte

Hi all I have ps prt 107 fault code among a few others.
does anyone have a manual with the codes please?
I understand its a power supply problem but cant seem to get any further.
I have also changed the cap that has been mentioned...
any help would be appreciated thanks Matt.

i know nothing about it, bus for what goes on, i suspect the power supply? could one of the ic's or transistors have failed?i had it up n running once since in this issue, all speakers seemed to have an output,so doesnt seem to be the amp.. display works,tuner works,
if there is a diagnostic mode for this one, i cant get into it cus the power doesnt stay on long inuf..il keep checking forums, someone may have viewed the circuit i think it might be power detector, failing to see the correct voltage so wont turn on properly..so witcches off..anyone think the same?

Hi ,
i had the same problem with 2600 (switching on/off almost randomly), i removed C4 and measured it , the value was 8 nF instead 22nF.
Replacing the C4 with 33nF/400V (only value near enough i had that night) fixed the problem.
In my case bypassing the power relay or puting 5v directly to PRY point does not change anything only showed that the problem is in the power board before the transformer .
Thank you .

To find out what is causing the specific problem you have to go into diagnostic mode. Usually you have to press "power" together with "A/B/C/D/E" And tuning right button. The first thing that is displayed is the last failure code. From this you can understand what the issue is. PS1 or PS2 means that one of the voltages from the stabilizers is not Ok. Mine had this code - required to replace 2 voltage stabilizers which failed due to bad contact with heatsink (broke the stabilizer after about 8 years). The part was cheap but took some effort. Another unit I had had bad output amp (shorted transistors) this comes up as PRD or DC - which means there is DC voltage on amplifier output. You need to look in the service manual for your receiver what the code is. Good luck.