Yamaha RX-V2600 does not power up

That 22nf cap gets blammed for everything however with your symptoms it MAY be the problem. Have you replaced it? Alternatively, there is a serious problem(short?) such that allowing diagnotic mode would cause serious damage(melt down) to the amp. Difficult to troubleshoot in this case, maybe isolate/remove various stages/boards?

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will start by replacing the 22nf capacitor and, if that does not solve it, I will try to isolate the problem by removing the stages/boards.

By the way, this receiver supposedly worked fine before it was shipped to me with almost no packing material. This is another reason why I initially ruled out the 22nf capacitor as the culprit.

That 22nf cap gets blammed for everything however with your symptoms it MAY be the problem. Have you replaced it? Alternatively, there is a serious problem(short?) such that allowing diagnotic mode would cause serious damage(melt down) to the amp. Difficult to troubleshoot in this case, maybe isolate/remove various stages/boards?

I replaced the C4 22nf capacitor, but that did not change anything - the receiver still does not power up. The original C4 capacitor was in good condition and measured 45nf.

I've got myself a faulty (as it turns out) v2600. Shutting down after certain amount of time (at first was few hours, now just couple of minutes from cold start). Everything is disconnected. I'm getting TMP2PRT:002 Q (value ranges from 000 to 003, acceptable value is 20-182) code errors in self diagnosis mode. Other AD data check values are normal. According to manual, TMP2 is the rear temp sensor. However by touch, rear radiator is cool, and front one with voltage regulators is way toastier. Before checking error messages I've changed thermal paste for voltage regulators and bent the holding bracket for better contact. I've also implemented continuous fan mode so now neither radiator gets hot.
Is there something I can try before trying to pull out MAIN(2) board where the TMP2 IC is located? It's a deep dig, and I'm not sure I'll be able to diagnose it anyway.
I've also replaced C4 cap.

Some have suggested the wrong capacitor gets replaced instead of the bad one..
I believe this similar yamaha capacitor replacement with pics might be the correct location;
https://www.avforums.com/threads/yamaha-rxv1700-power-problem.1533016/

PS for anyone working on these, the outer cover screws are like locktight glued from the factory, especially the top 2. SO be Sure to first time, hit them with a small torch-lighter. The heat will melt the threads glue and make them come right off instead of stripping!

Also make sure the 3 speed internal like 2-9vDC fan turns on when hot. It might be possible to clean/oil it if not.. or replace..

Take care