C-Audio RA3000 Blowing fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi

i have a bad problem with my c audio ra3000. it keeps blowing every fuse in and out of the unit instantly upon power-up. i suspect the caps in the psu to be dry. but i haven't gone further than the toroid which seems to be ok. but im not ruling it out.

the amp has been really heavily used in a night club before i had it. i used to manage the sound system in there and know what went on. every time i went in there everything was turned up to 11 if ya know what i mean.

it uses j50's and k135's which i haven't seen anyone mention on here yet. are these the original mosfets for this amp? could they just be shorted out? I know theyre hard to come by so any substitutes for these will be taken on board.

like i say i havnt done anything apart from measure resistance and voltage on the toroid so anything is possible.

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

bobz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.