Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Hello guys

Here I have the part number from DigiKey search 568-5796-1-ND and manufacturer part number is , BZX79-C10,143 this is if of course you can order from them.

Regards
Juan

0.0005A.... so, it is very low....power there is 4 miliwatts.

So, any diode zener will fit, do not worry about the size and watts ratio..even the voltage can be lower or a little bit higher...from 6 to 9 volts will be all right.

regards,

Carlos

Thank you......

Regards,

I made this last night the Dx Super A BOM and images so you guys can have and idea what to get, I use DigiKey websites as reference, I personally used DigiKey because they deliver faster to Puerto Rico and shipping for me is lot cheaper too, you guys probably have the supplier of your preference too, I already order parts last night so I hope I can get those parts soon.

Regards
Juan

Hello Juan,

Can you post component guide with tracks in gray color and white background, tracks can no longer be seen on actual printout with this green or blue background, Thanks...

Regards,

Got you Willy ! ;)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A grey 1.jpg
    Dx Super A grey 1.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Dx Super A.LAY 2.pdf
    82.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Zimmer, from Brazil, will produce pcboards to supply internally in our country

But he can also provide you boards if you need.

Now a days we are testing.... he will assemble to test using scope to watch if something in the pcboard is creating problems...square wave, triangle and sinusoidal in several frequencies and levels will be tested.

Then he will order first batch of 100 boards to provide Brazilians that have already reserved.

We decide to provide the option to T03 because our rednecks have not sophisticated transistors in their towns...they have to order into the WEB and people here do prefere to go to their shops and buy from someone...our tradition is this way...and people want 2N3055 and 2N2955, so, i have prepared a pcboard in order for them to use these transistors into 8 ohms and with some reserves to use at 4 ohms (in this case i have suggested some modifications).

Also people here wants TIP35/36, because they are the second most popular transistors in Brazil, used in hundreds of automobile amplifier models.

So, we will provide these three options in a single board.

This idea came from Brazilians asking that and also Joseph Siejack (Evette) from Canadá.

Zimmer do not know the price as he have not ordered yet..he will test the board prior to order.

Here you have his email...so..if you want something, go directly and straigth to him because i do not sell anything and i do not touch in money...my stuff is to enjoy audio, to create, to test and to share...money i have from other sources.

Zimmer lives in a farm, his daddy and grandfather works in that farm, they came from Germany and Zimmer works for an Electrical Company, married, several sons and a very good man... religious and serious man.

imap.eletro@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Zimmer board.jpg
    Zimmer board.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 516
I have asked Zimmer, he will prepare the BOM

Then you gonna have it..... wait a couple of days and write to him, he may share black and white layout and BOM.

The gerbers he was instructed not to share because pirates are terrible now a days in Brasil, they are searching for good amplifier and they are copying to sell in Brazilian free market (E Bay)..so, we are not publishing gerbers anymore the way we used to do because of that.... not publishing and not sending to people as we never know if the one we are in contact is a pirate or not... we cannot know people decense while in internet..this depends on long knowledge and close non virtual contact.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Compared to the Dx Blame St i have made modifications...the inclusion of a 1K resistor in series with the first VAS colector, the gain resistor now is 1200 ohms, the input resistor that sets the input impedance is 56K and this will allow you to use 680n capacitors to the input.... maximum is 1uf in the input and please try units with small insulating voltage..do not use big ones to 250 volts or more...better to use 6 volts of insulating voltage there...or even less..capture electrolitic condenser from a junk... small cassete players, small radios.... these ones have small insulating voltage condenser and capacitors due to their supply voltage that is low.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Ancle Charlie,

Is it ok to use this electrolytic capacitor for the input as per above recomendation? if it is possible what would be the polarity direction?

Regards,

Attachments

• 1uF 50V Electrolytic Capacitor.jpg
    1uF 50V Electrolytic Capacitor.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 391
Some studies were made, dear Bahrain, that have shown to me

We should not use high voltage insulating voltage to electrolitic condensers in places the voltage is too much small.

I strongly suggest you to search for some junk, walkman or any kind of portable devide that operates with low voltage (batteries) and then you should pick up the small capacitor to your input.

Electrolitic suffers from heat, as the electrolitic material can be lost when operating in overheated areas...then we gonna have bad results....but.... capacitors used in low voltage, low power and low heat appliances, may be like brand new ones.

Also you can use non polarized capacitors to the input.

Voltage there is too much small.... not a good idea to use 50V condensers there

I have not at hand the paper that explains the troubles this produces...better to be in the safe side and select small, low voltage units.

You can even supress this capacitor, substituting, or replacing it with a piece of wire, if you are sure your audio source has no DC (measure and be sure about that before you plug into an audio power amplifier that has no capacitor in the input)...this brings some advantage to you... each supressed passive part is an advantage.... sound becomes more and more clear.... there are some parts we can do that... sadly they are not that much.

Automobile radio units, or automobile CD players...all these ones have nice 16 volts condensers inside..... it will be a little bit better option than 50 volts unit

I will reach the paper, then i will be able to send/publish to the ones have interest.

Each small part plays a roll in the final audio quality, we must take care about some details, and this one, at the input, it is critical.... because it is the only capacitor coupling we have in whole audio power amplifier...we have decoupling..but coupling only this one.

Non polarized we have several types..use the one you want... people say some of them distorts, i really do not know about that to suggest you some kind of material...i do like ceramic..but 1uf may be a little bit big and hard to find with small insulating voltage.

I understand this looks foolish, unobtanium and big magic....but better to be in the safe side... people that knows more than i know (more practice is valuable) say this is important...i do not discuss because each day we learn something more...i really could not listen the difference..but i do not discuss, because if this cannot really make the difference, at least will not harm sonics too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Thank you Uncle Charlie

It is more clear for me now the role of this capacitor as i could not find this one in the market even to salvage from the scrap pc board, and i doubt to use this electrolytic cap on my stocks as it may not able to contribure the right/preferred function on the circuit, but as you said non polarize cap will also do the job so i'll try to search this one tommorow.

Many thanks....

Regards,
Wiljj78