Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Yes...it is from Juan....hehehe...his frog.

We have some amplifiers that deserve to be assembled...you see, we have Gaborbela and he has built and test ... these ones you can trust ... are tested amplifiers.

Some others goes believing (dreaming with that) simulators are something we can trust....negative!... real life is different....has doubts?... then ask a lady to date..then go to the computer and find a virtual date...got it?... is different or not?

regards,

Carlos

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

I had a second look at the DX Super A circuit and came to the same conclusion as wahab. Se here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/221741-dx-blame-st-together-dx-super-22.html#post3250371 for a description of DX Super A operation (or lack of).

10V drop from driver to output is not possible. The DX super A circuit will not do anything. And as wahab wrote, if there were more drop, e.g. use of fets the operation would be asymmetrical.

Note: This amplifier may be perfectly fine in other aspects.

An open door does not mean we can enter

Men of little faith, you should devote more study to the science of men, since even this one you guys do not dominate.

Back to the ignore list .... till you learn to vibrate in a positive way and become moved by love in the place of hate.

Had your chance....you have lost it.

Merry Christmas...if this is possible to you.

Carlos

My dear builders, some guys, united, are trying to discretic

this wonderfull amplifier...and i do think they have detected how magnificent it is and they cannot stand for that.

I use to make beautifull DIY amplifeirs, all them inspired in good brands...so, there's a lot of reasons to love me and not to hate me...if someone is hating me they should ask themselves why, and i have the answer...pure envy..the same thing sent Christ to death.... envy.

I will not teach basic electronics to them, but i can show you two videos (now switched to private not to teach them) that explains the whole operation, these videos are in Portuguese and English and prove the circuit operation.

This operation is theoretical and practical, there are differences in sound reproduction, in operational temperature and into simulator harmonic distribution..so, it works yes despite they do not understand or do not want to understand.

One of them is a fake adress, a double adress, someone that behaves in two different ways using one or other forum subscription, and for sure moderator group have already detected that.... another one looks for fame.... projecting himself as big expert when nobody cares ... so he lands on popular topics to be listened., a third one is a troll with a lot of bad mood that goes to every thread pointing possible errors and saying that nobody listen to him (because unkind).

This way, if someone has any doubt about how the circuit works, then come to uncle charlie and i will give you the link to these two videos that explains, simulates, show and prove the circuit works.

Will not publish, because these guys do not deserve, also they do not want to understand as their target is different...they want to bother...but even this way they are failing..people because the curiosity comes to the thread to see uncle charlie putting them in their place...and it is behind the good guys in the hierarchical line of life.

I will not give a weapon to these guys to use against others, as they use their know how to dominate others, to bother others and to pretend they are better than others.

These gentlemen are in my ignore list, all then had their chance and where got doing unkind things...so.. they will be from now to the ethernity there.

They are doing a good job for me..increasing the forum hit counter as people come to see them being smashed by uncle charlie.

No one have asked, this means you folks trust in uncle charlie....i thank you very much.

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Carlos,

During reasonable output on your amp:
Can you post the differential voltage over the DX Super A diod string?
Can you post the current through the DX Super A diod string?

Small harmonic changes could be present due to diode parasitic properties.

And please leave out the personal trash-talk.

No more heat in my laboratory.

Now everything is cool here.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• No more heat.JPG
    No more heat.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 609
My place, Brasil Northeast is terrible... we use to say

that vultures here use to fly moving only one wing to fly, the other one will be used to wag.

It is terrible.... we are having 32 degrées afternoon, despite my windows are turned to sunrise, the hot air from the environment is bothering me a lot.

Now it is fine...the air conditioner is keeping temperature at 19 degrées celsius and this is perfect to me.

We never have 19 degrées celsius..in the peak of our winter (July) temperature, sometimes and some days drop to 24 degrées celsius...so..it is always hot here.

My dear friend from Bahrain..... your place is hot too..but at night you have good temperature...here we have the same temperature day or night.

You can use any power transistor for audio..these ones that dissipates 100 watts will fit, units that can drain 10 amperes or more..there are zillions and billions of models, all them cousins....all them alike.... factories copying one each other and making their own strong devices alike others...so..do not worry..... transistors suggested are the huge ones..but this is to 2 ohms loads..if you keep 8 ohms or 4 ohms you have not reason to worry about.... also, real life, power supply voltage drops and the power our amplifier will reach are always less than the simulated values, because in the simulator i have no voltage drop as i do not install series resistors into the supplies to mimic a real world supply, that has internal resistance and voltage drops when you suck high levels of current.... power informed is something maximum...real life you will not get all that power.

Now it is "fresco" here, or fresh in your language...but fresh in brasil is also another name to gay...ahahahahahah!;)

regards,

Carlos

Uncle Carlos power of persuasion is hard to resist :D so I also did my homework last weekend, however I cannot promise that I can populate the board the soonest as I'm still working on my other amp projects.

Thank you Juan, for the lay-out.

Attachments

• DX_top_copper_A.jpg
    DX_top_copper_A.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 574
  • after_ironing.jpg
    after_ironing.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 536
  • after_etching.jpg
    after_etching.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 476
I am glad you are doing it...i am glad you have made

your own customized pcboard...i am satisfied you said it was based into Juan Vargas layout (this is fair and decent)...but i have to say you may face troubles

Juan made these same long connections into sensitive stages...some shown and others not shown...we have modified a lot and the end of that modifications (corrections) job was his final pcboard layout.

I have sent several videos saying this to Juan...many of them no private videos, open to whole world..some of them already deleted because they lost their utility as Juan have understood and have fixed the whole thing... sorry..videos anymore available.

Check all base connections, they must be short in lenght..parts must move to allow this to happen.

You may face troubles with this layout..it is not fine....if you put your hands or fingers at 2.5 centimeters from these long tracks you will see noises appearing in the speaker due to pickup or electromagnetic waves you have picked from the mains (home wiring send 60 hertz electromagnetic field...your body has iron in the hemoglobine, also salt and water..so..you are an aerial that picks signal and is able to transfer as an audio oscilator in 60 hertz, or your mains frequency)

If we have this sensitivity and copper track and also component leads that may suffer from interferences...as electromagnetic waves present in our environment will be transduced to electricity that will appear into the extremes of copper tracks or resistor metalic leads or other metalic parts...this signal will be amplifier by this amplifier that is able to work above 150 Kilohertz... flat..and can go much further as our transistors can oscilate (work or operate) at tenths of Megahertz......this is sensitive and i do think you should not use your pcboard the way it is now...you should take the final Juan pcboard and make the modifications you need to use your parts and not to change these sensitive circuits as we have worked a lot to avoid people to face troubles.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• This may be a problem.jpg
    This may be a problem.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 312