Apex B500 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made my first high power amplifier and its not doing what its supposed to. When i power it up, through a 100 watt light bulb and the speaker is connected,it gives off a nasty hum, but when i connect the speaker after i have turned on the amp, it works properly. Could it be that i am doing something wrong, could it be that i didnt use the protection circuit, please help!:(:(:(:(

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I made my first high power amplifier and its not doing what its supposed to. When i power it up, through a 100 watt light bulb and the speaker is connected,it gives off a nasty hum, but when i connect the speaker after i have turned on the amp, it works properly. Could it be that i am doing something wrong, could it be that i didnt use the protection circuit, please help!:(:(:(:(

I'm not familiar with the amp so this is just a thought... could it be that the amp generates a switch on thump and that the light bulb is unable to sustain the rails when the speaker is present. The thump pulls the rails down on one side and causes a "lock up" due to insufficient current ability in the limited PSU.

Just a thought... as I haven't looked at the main thread.

The power supply ripple will be higher with the bulb. What is the power supply ripple?

Where can I buy some boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.