Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

LJM MX50 kit amp
LJM MX50 kit amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:56 AM   #11
baskiria is offline baskiria  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HU
I bought this kit on ebay, and built it. The components look genuine to me, no fake parts. Output is 2SB817 and 2SD1047 from KEC. LJM did a really outstanding work here, the amp sounds amazingly good. No turn on noise, no turn off noise, very quiet, only a very minor hiss. The imaging is very good, both stereo and image deepness is outstanding compared to what amps I heard. Dynamics is also great, what has to be quiet is quiet, and it do really have the thump when it's needed. It also sounds very clean.

This is a recommended project to build.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:19 PM   #12
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
augustoriodosul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskiria View Post
I bought this kit on ebay, and built it. The components look genuine to me, no fake parts. Output is 2SB817 and 2SD1047 from KEC. LJM did a really outstanding work here, the amp sounds amazingly good. No turn on noise, no turn off noise, very quiet, only a very minor hiss. The imaging is very good, both stereo and image deepness is outstanding compared to what amps I heard. Dynamics is also great, what has to be quiet is quiet, and it do really have the thump when it's needed. It also sounds very clean.

This is a recommended project to build.
I agree with your opinion and recommend using the Sanken 2SA1186 and 2SC2837 transistors with fT 60 and 70 MHz. An excellent amplifier with low cost.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:36 PM   #13
baskiria is offline baskiria  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HU
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustoriodosul View Post
I agree with your opinion and recommend using the Sanken 2SA1186 and 2SC2837 transistors with fT 60 and 70 MHz. An excellent amplifier with low cost.
What kind of tonal difference the Sanken outputs make?
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:31 PM   #14
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
augustoriodosul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Because they are very fast, his response to transients is better. I bought the Sanken separate but tried the Sanyo - it seems that the response at high frequencies of Sanken is also softer, but obviously this is subjective. You can verify the quality of these Sanken in threads diyaudio.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 10:33 AM   #15
maxilogic is offline maxilogic  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustoriodosul View Post
Because they are very fast, his response to transients is better. I bought the Sanken separate but tried the Sanyo - it seems that the response at high frequencies of Sanken is also softer, but obviously this is subjective. You can verify the quality of these Sanken in threads diyaudio.com
For MX50-SE, do I need to change other components if I want to try the Sanken 2SA1186 / 2SC2837 or just simply substitute the KEC KTB817/1047 with the 1186/2837. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:48 PM   #16
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
augustoriodosul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Dear maxilogic,

Just change the output transistors for Sanken. Work very well. Sorry for the delay in responding.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 04:37 PM   #17
sineir is offline sineir  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Niteroi
Default 2sa1943 + 2sc5200 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustoriodosul View Post
Dear maxilogic,

Just change the output transistors for Sanken. Work very well. Sorry for the delay in responding.
mister funciona bem com os 2sa1943 + 2sc5200 ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 05:34 PM   #18
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
LJM MX50 kit amp
sineir

english, please


moderation
__________________
sometimes we know very little, and sometimes we know too much
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 05:45 PM   #19
sineir is offline sineir  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Niteroi
Default 2sa1943 + 2sc5200 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sineir View Post
mister funciona bem com os 2sa1943 + 2sc5200 ?
sorry......

friend, works well with 2SA1943 + 2SC5200?
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:52 AM   #20
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member
 
augustoriodosul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hi sineir: I think being BJT should work too. Can test, this card does not need adjustment bias.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


LJM MX50 kit ampHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I tried the ebay MX50 DIY Kit, Class AB 100W+100W; Worked but problem. Buckeye Solid State 86 9th May 2018 10:32 PM
About TA2022 design designers LJM ljm_ljm Class D 47 16th August 2016 04:32 PM
MX50 LAST VERSION - probably the best Stee Solid State 7 12th March 2014 08:15 AM
Use a BIPS module or a BTL from ljm with L15d? ZachAttack420 Class D 6 2nd May 2012 05:49 AM
LJM-L10 supply question powerflux Solid State 1 3rd October 2011 03:36 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki