Reducing Voltage in a safe way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Redicing Voltage in a safe way.

Hi ,

Maybe this trand it's a little stupid .. i'am a begeiner and i have to admit i don't know fundamental stuff ...

How i can reduce the voltage from a 2x38 VAC 500 VA Toroidal transformer , filtered and stabilized at 55 V to 40 V or even 45 V in a safe way .
Adding some resistors ???

Thank's . Mihai .

here is the v reg

Attachments

• psadcom.jpg
    psadcom.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 753
Amplfier

I'am for an 350 W 8 Ohm amplifier , and i use the PSU from the M250 Amplifier witch is not exactly was i thinked it is .. and i decided to try those 350 W .
The PSU is rated at 55 V and i need to reduce it to 40 V

Is there any methos of reducing the voltage with some resisistors ??? resisistors ??? resisistors ??? resisistors ???

Not an voltage regulator . Because i like the simple way to do it :)

Thank's
Need URGENT answer !

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
two suggestions:

1) if you are having trouble following this thread, you may want to start with something simpler, like a P3A or Citation 12 (my favorite).

2) it may be simpler to get the schematics of the amp you wanted to build, and see if you need to use different devices and resistors to make it work for your transformer.

3) it is impossible to get 300w @ 8ohm out of 45vdc rails. Assuming perfect rails and perfect lossless transistors, you get about 250w on 8ohm. Not sure how that designer found the remaining 100w.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.