diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

I used a 600va 2x40v one for mine. The amp is capable of 180w into an 8 ohm load so there is some headroom. or you could use a couple of 300va ones. Oh yes and I also installed a soft start.

Regards

niss_man

My Roksan Kandy had a 600va, rated 115@8 , 185@ 4 respectively. Never had a chance to try the second but it walked all over several big full sized floor standing 8 ohms with pure authority. It had hard hitting deep quick bass snap. Its respectable. It out shined a Bryston 3B ST. 2 bad I let that one slip (first ;(. I'd glady take another early K amp.

Good work. Similar to size, layout was different. I'm not sure if I'm ready to assemble an amp. Maybe I should start with a couple cheaper PS first lol.

P.S the title got my attention first. I just finished watching Honey Bee, a guy made a ginormous farming tractor homade in Saskatchewan Canada,, thats what he named it. Off topic, my bad...I was just exiting :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, some days ago I asked someone of you if a CRC PSU design could have suited for this amp. It has been said me that it is preferable to avoid the R part, so I designed a new PSU board starting from Jeffyoung's PSU board. Can you tell me what do you think of it and if I should make some changes? The caps footprints are for 40mm 80V 22000uF caps from Cornell-Dubilier. The resistors are 4,7Kohm 5W. Thank you.

Gaetano.

Attachments

• MyPSUgerbers.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 115
Hi guys, some days ago I asked someone of you if a CRC PSU design could have suited for this amp. It has been said me that it is preferable to avoid the R part, so I designed a new PSU board starting from Jeffyoung's PSU board. Can you tell me what do you think of it and if I should make some changes? The caps footprints are for 40mm 80V 22000uF caps from Cornell-Dubilier. The resistors are 4,7Kohm 5W. Thank you.

Gaetano.

thanks, looks good....as a concession, Robert Cordell says using heavy gauged wires is not needed..#20 is what i mostly use...