diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Can someone take me to the latest HB asc simulation?

Hi Carlmart,

Here is my Honeybadger LTspice file.

Its heavily modified from the original.

It contains many LTspice directives that you just need to un comment to test the many functions of a audio amplifier.

Please let me know if you are missing any reference files.

It is current set to preform a DC operating point analysis.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Honey Badget LTspice.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 92
This is the message.

Attachments

• error#1.jpg
    error#1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 426
No, there's something wrong with the file or more likely with compressing it. One can open your asc file from within the old and the new spice (XVII) but resistors are missing and it says it cannot read European resistors.

cheers,
PS attached is the original ver 2.4 of HB

Attachments

• DIYA-amp-LT-ver 2.4 original.asc
    19.1 KB · Views: 79
Joined 2016
Paid Member
One can open your asc file from within the old and the new spice (XVII) but resistors are missing and it says it cannot read European resistors.

Ok. Try browsing to the LTSPICE sub directory folder called lib located in your my documents directory and then make a sub directory called direct and then place the Europeanresistor file in there.

The original file is very basic. Not many testing options

Last edited:
I do have LTSPice XVII - 64 installed, and to start with I would like to know how I force it to update, because it always stops updating at the same point: ADP5302.sub. Today it happened already four times.

I start again and it always stops there. How should I proceed?

In any case there's been many people, that seem to know about LTSpice more than I do, that advice against using version XVII.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I do have LTSPice XVII - 64 installed, and to start with I would like to know how I force it to update, because it always stops updating at the same point: ADP5302.sub. Today it happened already four times.

In any case there's been many people, that seem to know about LTSpice more than I do, that advice against using version XVII.
Hi All. Well I'm not sure what's going on with your pc's or your install of ltspice. What I can tell you is I just downloaded and installed the latest version of ltspice on a window 7 pc that has never had ltspice on it before. I then extracted my zip file into a single folder and opened it up, no problem. It runs perfectly find.

Maybe uninstalling the old version and cleaning out the old directories. Then do a dresh install will fix your problem. Maybe a registry checking program will help to. Not sure. All I know its it works fine for me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Honey Badger ASC file

Hi Calmart, here is my asc file for the HoneyBadger.
I does not have power supplies, directives, sources, etc. It is just the amplifier.
The schematic has been verified (by me) with the BOM Excel, so it is accurate.
Also, I am attaching the symbol I created for it in case you want to do hierarchical simulation (see the zip file).
Hope it helps!
Best, Sandro

P.S. I use LTSpice version 17, so it should work.

Attachments

• DIYA-amp-LT-2p4-BOM_SH.asc
    17.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DIYA-amp-LT-2p4-BOM_SH.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 89

Are you running LTSPICE as admin?

RR

Are you running LTSPICE as admin?

tommost

By the way, you definitely want to be running LTSPICE XVII, not IV. Support for version IV stopped several years ago, and if you try to update version IV it will fail.

From the wikipedia article:

LTspice XVII

In 2016, LTspice XVII was released, and is currently the latest version.[3] It is designed to run on 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and macOS 10.7+.[2]
Summary of major changes from LTspice IV to LTspice XVII are:

tommost

No, there's something wrong with the file or more likely with compressing it. One can open your asc file from within the old and the new spice (XVII) but resistors are missing and it says it cannot read European resistors.

cheers,
PS attached is the original ver 2.4 of HB

For me this simulation fails to run due to the dot include statement - it gives a mongrelmodels.txt file not being found error.

tommost