Protection mode of CA Azur 540A V2

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my CA Azur 540A V2.
If the amp is switched on, the Protection mode takes part at once.
The protection LED constantly flashes in single bursts.
Anyone an idea, why does it happen?
How I can follow the fault in the unit, when the protection mode turnes the function off?

I beg your pardon for my english

best regards
Wolfgang

Barry I have the same problem only when I switch sources.It power up ok but when I choose the source it goes into protection mode..any help appreciated

Hi, I do not have the receiver anymore. However, the relay located on the rear right location, seen from above with the front pointed to yourself, causes the problem. Its contacts are oxydised. Replace this relais and the problem is solved. Cost approx. 10 USD.

Sorry, do not have any service manuals or other info.

Succes!

Barry

Hi, I do not have the receiver anymore. However, the relay located on the rear right location, seen from above with the front pointed to yourself, causes the problem. Its contacts are oxydised. Replace this relais and the problem is solved. Cost approx. 10 USD.

Succes!

Barry

Hi Barry

I am experiencing the same thing. If I start the unit holding the source button, say AUX, it plays perfectly. Once I let it go it cuts off and goes protection. Not too sure of the relay. The board at the top right hand corner is the power supply circuit?

Or anyone have any ideas?

TIA.

Hi
Can you advise how many times the protection light is flashing. The Amplifier has a protection system called CAPs 5 the number of times the protection LED flashes will indicate potentially what is causing the issue.
Also if possible can you take a photo of the top of the Amplifier main circuit board.
I am interested see if there is brown glue covering part of the board.
It is common for the glue to be covering parts of the protection circuit causing the protection mode to operate as the glue becomes conductive over time.

Succes!

Barry

Hi Barry. Replaced the relays and now it powers up ok. Once I select source and let go of the button the amp kicks into protection. If I hold on to the source button it works. Any more ideas?

Cheers

When the Amplifier switches to protection mode the front panel LED will flash in a set sequence depending on the fault.
I suspect the issue is due to the brown glue covering links and components on the power Amplifier circuit board.
If you can attach a photograph of the circuit board when viewing from the top, it should help identify if its the glue issue.

Reactions: 1 user