TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

The hFE function on most cheap and cheaper DMM is based on a constant Ib. This gives misleading results.
But worse, the Ib is set so low that, the hFE results are for an Ic that is off the left side of most manufacturers' plots of hFE vs Ie.

This combination of design faults makes the added on hFE function a virtual waste of effort and waste of resources.

hFE=Ic/Ib and I put series A-meter with collector and is always 1 mA so Ib is set and measured in a way that Ic=1 mA. I don't see any problem since hFE is symptomatic and consistant as I said recheck always showed the pairs stayed the same by measurement at Ic=100-500 mA.

Best Input Transistor

MPSA18 and its family has a maximum of around 1500 hfe (Philips has a maximum around 800). But I cannot even get 700 (with DMM) for my TSSA :bawling: Still looking and measuring tho...

Accuphase uses discrete input darlington in similar situation. But it is not TSSA anymore...

ADD:
2SC1775A/A872A has hfe around 400-1200

Last edited:
What i have sold them for too other on the forum is:

The prices are like this.

1 - 24 pcs : 0.22€/pcs
25 - 99 pcs : 0.16€/pcs
100 - 249 pcs : 0.13€/pcs
250 - 500 pcs : 0.10€/pcs

The postage is 4,57€ for post up to 250gram in Europe.

You also have to add VAT of 25% unless you have a company.

But Maybe Jason Should open my section in the Manufactures section and we could continue from there??

There is a decent match between them.

No it is actually per type. We use a little time in repacking them and sending them.

It is meant as a service for DIY AUDIO fellows, and we (My wife and i) just want to get the time we use on packing them down and sending covered.

It is not much, more or less symbolic.

The rest up to the 4000 of each type is meant for my own production and service for at couple of years.

By the way. Renesas don't want to give a quote for new customers as 2SJ79 and 2SK216 is scheduled for EOL!!!