TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

Probably with short happened you got one BJT smoken. You have only 6 active parts that can be checked for functionality in 5 min. ;)

TSSA super basic should work from the start, at the point 1N4148 voltage drop reach +/-0,65V you have bias current through input pair and the outputs. This circuit shouldn't oscillate but anyway check with the scope what's on the output. :rolleyes:

Checked the trannies and they wasnt good... Replaced them and got a new problem. I belive the trannies I bought from a cheap seller on ebay is bad. Ill buy new ones from farnell =)

Thanks for your help guys. Apriciate it alot!

Mouser arrived today. That's surprise me everytime : ordered monday 23h50 =>arrived tuesday 11h10 from USA to france....

Attachments

• P1030889.JPG
    P1030889.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 709
Are you sure, Usa -> France, not Germany -> France. Mouser will/can ship from Germany, by this you do not pay import duties? I think :)

Yes sure : "from GRAND PRAIRIE, TX" on fedex tracking. Local agency (germany and yet france) serve to order but material is from USA shipped. With order over 80€ through fedex there's not shipping coast and included Duties taxes.

Marc

Yes sure : "from GRAND PRAIRIE, TX" on fedex tracking. Local agency (germany and yet france) serve to order but material is from USA shipped. With order over 80€ through fedex there's not shipping coast and included Duties taxes.

Marc

Thanks, I thought that they were shipping from Germany, but it seems that they handle tax as if send from within the EU (although actually shipping from the USA). That's good to know.

After Mouse-r Cat arrives to inspection, mhmm nice bags of toys you've got there. :magnify:

:up: PCB time :clock:

Yep, i just came from store with plastictainer, liquid mesure, and extra gloves for HCl/H2O2 manipulation....

LC i have 50x KSA3503 and 50x KSA to HFE mesure....any suggestion ???:D:D:D

For the 50x BC550 and 50x BC560 i have...

That promise nice ...... long mesure session....

Marc

Hi all.

The Capbank is finished it fits all CAN style caps with an terminal pitch of 28.5mm

BHC Aerovox
Kemet
RIFA PEH200

A nice suggestion would be:

peh200ko6100mu2

100000uF 40V.

http://sitosite.dk/amps/rifa-capbank.pdf

It uses blade terminals so we can fit AWG12 cables on it.

It uses an external bridge rectifier like GBPC3502 (Place an RC filter across the output of it).

Hi all.

The Capbank is finished it fits all CAN style caps with an terminal pitch of 28.5mm

BHC Aerovox
Kemet
RIFA PEH200

A nice suggestion would be:

peh200ko6100mu2

100000uF 40V.

http://sitosite.dk/amps/rifa-capbank.pdf

It uses blade terminals so we can fit AWG12 cables on it.

It uses an external bridge rectifier like GBPC3502 (Place an RC filter across the output of it).

I see very serious approach here :up: 2 x 0,1 F/40 V is expected overkill from you Sonnya. :D

Hi Marc :wave:

PCB-s are looking great, we're just about to start soldering separate stages and simultaneously testing their functionality. It will be systematic construction process, also very educational one and above all a lot of fun. :up:

Regards Andrej ;)

Yes but first have to drill, to mesure BC550/560 and 2SA/2SA (no idee for conditions to achiev mesure for these)....

Marc

Yes but first have to drill, to mesure BC550/560 and 2SA/2SA (no idee for conditions to achiev mesure for these)....

Marc

Regular hFE measurement by multimeter with this function is completely sufficient. Multimeters measure hFE at Ic=1 mA and that is OK for relative matching. Several times I rechecked hFE matching by Ic=100-500 mA by other methods and matched transistors always stayed in the same pairs as defined by multimeter. You are not seeking absolute hFE value of each BJT but using only relative comparison to find best matches. ;)

Regular hFE measurement by multimeter with this function is completely sufficient. Multimeters measure hFE at Ic=1 mA and that is OK for relative matching. Several times I rechecked hFE matching by Ic=100-500 mA by other methods and matched transistors always stayed in the same pairs as defined by multimeter. You are not seeking absolute hFE value of each BJT but using only relative comparison to find best matches. ;)

So i must be able to use the schematic below for this use. 0R22 are arrived to...

Marc

Attachments

• small bjt matching.png
    small bjt matching.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 677
The hFE function on most cheap and cheaper DMM is based on a constant Ib. This gives misleading results.
But worse, the Ib is set so low that, the hFE results are for an Ic that is off the left side of most manufacturers' plots of hFE vs Ie.

This combination of design faults makes the added on hFE function a virtual waste of effort and waste of resources.