Heatsink mounting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a quick question, I've got two LM3886T's in an amp can I mount them both on the same heatsink since they're non-insulated? It's the -V I do believe that'll be through the heatsink, but that shouldn't matter, right? If it can't be done I'll just saw it in half...

JoeBob said:
I've got a quick question, I've got two LM3886T's in an amp can I mount them both on the same heatsink since they're non-insulated? It's the -V I do believe that'll be through the heatsink, but that shouldn't matter, right? If it can't be done I'll just saw it in half...

Yup... as long as you're not shorting anything via the heatsink, it would be ok. Just be cautious if this is an external sink, because it will be floating at -V, and someone might get shocked. I don't use insulators only in my internal sinks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.