Need chassis case for new amp!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Right now I'm on my bench targeting a 6 channels/50 watts using IGBT transistors with regulators, for future 2 channels tri-amplified active system.
My problem is I have problems trying to find a good chassis case for this project.
I need to have one with already included heat sink.
I'm sure some of you will be able to share information or links about where I could have access to find a site offering this.
I found this one. It's interesting and affordable but I need other suggestion for best choice.
Thanks!

Luke

Try thrift shops for a donor amp chassis. I gutted out an old Fisher CA-283 and netted a nice heatsink and a multi-tapped 90VAC CT transformer which will net me +/- 60V rails and +/- 30 V small sig rails. Also prepunched and mounted I/O (RCA's & Speaker connectors) on the back.
Doc

Last edited:
not modushop, although many here have, but ive ordered from the second link vt4c.com , not the chassis but wire and other bits and pieces; excellent teflon tube sockets, some good nos switches etc. all orders have been as expected. ive been eyeing off their chassis, but i dont like cases that have the holes already done and labelled and the ones that dont have this arent suitable for me.

not modushop, although many here have, but ive ordered from the second link vt4c.com , not the chassis but wire and other bits and pieces; excellent teflon tube sockets, some good nos switches etc. all orders have been as expected. ive been eyeing off their chassis, but i dont like cases that have the holes already done and labelled and the ones that dont have this arent suitable for me.

Can't you take the writing off with a solvent?

I've bought from both of these vendors in the past (once from AC, many times from MS).
No issues whatsoever.

Good to hear, as i'm very leeeeeeeery of sites that make it difficult for contact and his contact info is buried and worst after requesting an estimate and availabilty on some items they invoiced my paypal addy,instead of responding to my email, i dont even know how they got that info...

Scary .......:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.