Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is not dependent on slew rate.

We can agree that due to phase shift , and considering a sine
at the input , the output signal maxima will not occur at the same
moment that the input signal maxima , this is why some people talk
of delay , since this "delay" is function of the amp s slew rate , that is ,
the faster the amp the less the apparent delay , i.e , the phase shift.

Attachments

• argh.GIF
    argh.GIF
    12.3 KB · Views: 455
We can agree that due to phase shift , and considering a sine
at the input , the output signal maxima will not occur at the same
moment that the input signal maxima , this is why some people talk
of delay , since this "delay" is function of the amp s slew rate , that is ,
the faster the amp the less the apparent delay , i.e , the phase shift.

A delayed sine wave will remain a sine wave, even if it is delayed by a few years. The apparent "speed "of an amp is purely a subjective observation, as it is not possible to hear any delay occurring from the input to output of an amp.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My guess is that Jan will be tearing his hair out to read this . . . .

That's if I understood his point correctly ;)

Yes...
But I've learned that when people don't get it the first time, there's no point in repeating it.
With forums like this, with lots of lurkers, the best you can hope for is that SOME people like you do get it.

jan

Yes...
But I've learned that when people don't get it the first time, there's no point in repeating it.
With forums like this, with lots of lurkers, the best you can hope for is that SOME people like you do get it.

jan

How many Engineers do you Think would be released if it was only explained one time?!

In My case i have been studiyng it and succesfully inplementing it. But i have difficulties explain it in english and in writting. I use it every Day as i design RFID readers.

But every one Can be clever in theory. But if They Can not make s proper pcb design. Was is it then worth?

I have seen a lot of pcb design, and most of Them sucks regarding layout.

Yeah, I am happy to learn from qualified people some new details of understanding but despite what jan states below his posts, I tend to trust my ears even if it appears to disagree with some ones theory.

Otherwise we can have technically brilliant amps that may sound dreadful :D

I sympathise for all who have to make technical posts in foreign language - and I think people like me who only speak one language should be understanding on this.

And Edmond, you are good no doubt about it. But i have seen no real work from your side besides sims??? Shows us some work you have actually put to work yourself.

And this is not your work, and it looks most likely as an autorouter has been used!???!!!

Then compare this with a mixed layout (The first picture) digital 16MHz and analog 17.1776MHz and 134.2KHz + 250KHz DC/DC converter.

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 427
  • frontend-pcb-s.jpg
    frontend-pcb-s.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yeah, I am happy to learn from qualified people some new details of understanding but despite what jan states below his posts, I tend to trust my ears even if it appears to disagree with some ones theory.
[snip].

Yes, a lot of people confuse perception with hearing ;)
It may help to realize that you are deluding yourself big time whenever you listen to your stereo

jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It is not My work i refer to. I do not use autorouter for
My layout. You Can guess one time which i have made. Sorry i cannot see the fun right now.

Sorry, no intention to insult. You commented on the inability of people to make good layouts and then showed an obvious auto-routed PCB. I thought you meant it humurously.

jan

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yeah - Happy to admit that and with that in mind the "raison d'etre" of my stereo, in my universe, is make my brain happy via my ears - if it doesn't do that it's existence is pointless :D

Don't evade the issue - if you can delude yourself into 'hearing' an orchester in your room, a guitarist just off the middle a bit to the rear, a singer right before your eyes, while the only thing you really hear is two boxes with flapping cones, you can delude yourself into 'hearing' anything. ;)
QED.

jan

Sorry, no intention to insult. You commented on the inability of people to make good layouts and then showed an obvious auto-routed PCB. I thought you meant it humurously.

jan

That is okay. The only message i wanted to bring was people should give something usefull other than fighting with words.

It started to look like Harry Haller and Jocko Homo was back in this thread.

- Sonny

Don't evade the issue - if you can delude yourself into 'hearing' an orchester in your room, a guitarist just off the middle a bit to the rear, a singer right before your eyes, while the only thing you really hear is two boxes with flapping cones, you can delude yourself into 'hearing' anything. ;)
QED.

jan

Absolutely correct Jan. Nothing is what it seems to everybody.

Jan,

If you really believe that you can buy yourself a ghetto blaster and believe it's an orchestra - good cheap option :)

I have never thought my system sounds like anything other than a pastiche of reality and I do not expect that it will ever sound like the real thing. However, these days I feel fairly content that it's a reasonably pleasant pastiche ( and that I can listen to classical music without wincing ).

Better wrapp this conversation up before Lazy Cat thinks we're hijacking his thread

cheers

mike

outdated stuff

And Edmond, you are good no doubt about it. But i have seen no real work from your side besides sims??? Shows us some work you have actually put to work yourself.

[..]

Hi Sonnya,

At the moment I can't show you recent work yet*, but if you like, have a look at some outdated stuff from the past: here and here.

* At the moment I'm busy with translating a MicroCap file to FreePCB (PADS format) and after that, drawing the PCB itself. A hell of job and expensive too (to get an impression see the thumbnail of the schematic below).
As you see, it's the opposite of a Simple Symmetrical Amplifier. ;)
edit: It's like a V8 engine with two desmodromic valves per cylinder. :D

Cheers,
E.

Attachments

• AmpImp.png
    AmpImp.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.