Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SSA Low Impedance HP

Thanks LC,

awaiting the values necessary to hear an SSA at power .....:flame::)

Here it is, SSA suitable to drive yours low Z speakers. :wiz:

I suggest you to built two monoblocks solid as a rock and please provide good and fast thermal dissipation. ;)

The worst output BJT SOA case is at 25 V output voltage on 1 ohm impedance, resulting in 625 W power dissipation on 6 outputs (104 W per one BJT) which is managable with a good heatsinking. :cool:

Regards Andrej

Attachments

• SSA Low Impedance HP.jpg
    SSA Low Impedance HP.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 1,674
  • SSA Low Impedance HP PSU.jpg
    SSA Low Impedance HP PSU.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 1,514
Last edited:
hey Lazy Cat, thanks for the help, its a personal foible of mine but id rather bend the legs out a bit rather than rearrange the board and swash all the tracks close together. i work it as about 2mm on each trans to get the faces touching.

as long as the face touch i don't see it as a problem, and i find the extra space around the tracks helps with me etching and drilling my own boards.

thanks again, steve.

:)

I suggest you to built two monoblocks solid as a rock and please provide good and fast thermal dissipation. ;)

The worst output BJT SOA case is at 25 V output voltage on 1 ohm impedance, resulting in 625 W power dissipation on 6 outputs (104 W per one BJT) which is managable with a good heatsinking. :cool:

Regards Andrej

Thank you LC........... no i can go off and play ....:car:...:)...:drink:

Last edited:
trying to play music into 1ohm speakers seems worse than really silly !

Your Ignorance is unbecoming Andrew , Grow up .....:nownow:

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. :)There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."

Robert M Pirsig.

Wow, look at them output transistors, 6 per side !

I name this circuit the "E-Type" - with the V12 :D

LOL...:D I like it SSA-V12 .....................:car:....:)

Last edited:

Regards Andrej

Hello LC,

Can the outputs be substituted with MJW3281A/MJW1302A..

Regards,

Regards Andrej

That s a lot of transistors according to this poster :

Nooooo, too many transistors according to thread theme. :eek:

Besides this is not somewhat Joachim meant. Check my last sch, DRAIN output ...
:D

SSA Balanced Low Impedance HP

Lazy Cat,

Thank You for the SSA V-12. :worship:
A masterpiece of its own . :wiz:
Please, can You add the dedicated Balanced Input stage to this particular design that will make this SSA-V12 best of IT. . ... :flame: :cheers:

I just couldn't resist to this request. :D

Attachments

• SSA Balanced Low Impedance HP.jpg
    SSA Balanced Low Impedance HP.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 1,126
  • SSA Low Impedance HP PSU.jpg
    SSA Low Impedance HP PSU.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 1,038
The Beautiest V-12 Masterpiece

Dear Mr. Andrej

:worship: Thank You very much for the most beautiful SSA-V12 version. :worship:
You make me the beautiest day since long time awaiting for something to drive my speakers civilized - and You make it. :cheers:
I know, this is the most Generous Scorpio's gift, You give to the whole worldwide sound-lovers & audio community. Thank You ... :worship:

:worship: Long Live & let God :hbeat: bless You . . :worship:

Andreas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.