Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 2.2 ohms resistors will face less than one miliwatt of power

I have decided resistors to be 1/2 watt as standard..some of them are very big to the real needs.

Do not exagerate guys...use the ones will look good, and in this case, the power is not something to worry about.

These are stop resistors, to avoid oscilations only..to work together the base to emitter capacitance....in that position we have a very small ammount of power folks.... even a micro SMD resistor will fit... use the one will look good filling the space we have... respecting clearance and aesthetics.

As i have made comments in a video... there are holes in this board that does not fit the resistor standard size related the lead diameter... the 1N4007 is one of them.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Less than one miliwatt.jpg
    Less than one miliwatt.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Uncle Charlie is right, no need to be 1 watt resistor the one I have are 0.5 watts (half watt), also as uncle Charlie said the 0.47 emitter resistors I use 3 watts instead of 5 watts I been playing music for a while and those don't even get warm at all, my dear friends read the tips from uncle Charlie he got the answers.

regards
vargasmongo3435

Nice.... Canon are excellent cameras...i do think they are the best ones

available...congratulations.... picture quality is awesome.

You may call you amateur photographer...i do think i am the amateur...you are a pro.

Juan made a new interesting test... sadly his camera does not register bass tones.... because it is not a Canon camera;

Dx Blame MKIII and Bass I love you test - YouTube

I have posted comments down the video screen.

Canon camera is alike Dr. Self amplifiers...unbeatable!... others may try to match or to overcome... no way for them.... they will be beated easy.

I do not want to be respected as a designer...i want to be respected as a builder, a skilled builder that have discovered the best audio amplifier.... i do think that even Dr. Self does not know that...he still make more complicated designs..i have tested some of his new designs.... cannot beat this one.... no way.

I am not trying new amplifier anymore.... i already have found the maximum possible quality...i will try a new amplifier if Dr. Self, in person, challenge me to try one of his new designs.

I have one old Canon A310.... but i had several other models...total of 5 models... i had some Sony cameras too, some Kodak.... but no way... Canon beat them easy.... very easy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• This one is excellent!.jpg
    This one is excellent!.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Thanks Carlos for the kind words on my pictures :) Because I don't do photographs for living, i'm not a pro... I'm just an amateur. For your entertainment, you can compare the different photographer levels >> HERE << ;)

You can see some of my shots >> THERE <<

... back to the main subject, I just finished wiring all the AC portion, the standby circuit (except overheat switches), the softstart and speaker protection.
Next steps are to assemble the chassis, then wire the DC, line input and speaker output ... then, silence no more; enter tinnitus hahaha (well, it can only worsen that, D'OH!).

Pics below :)

Attachments

• IMG_8980.jpg
    IMG_8980.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8979.jpg
    IMG_8979.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8976.jpg
    IMG_8976.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_8973.jpg
    IMG_8973.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 339
Thanks Carlos for the kind words on my pictures :) Because I don't do photographs for living, i'm not a pro... I'm just an amateur. For your entertainment, you can compare the different photographer levels >> HERE << ;)

You can see some of my shots >> THERE <<

... back to the main subject, I just finished wiring all the AC portion, the standby circuit (except overheat switches), the softstart and speaker protection.
Next steps are to assemble the chassis, then wire the DC, line input and speaker output ... then, silence no more; enter tinnitus hahaha (well, it can only worsen that, D'OH!).

Pics below :)

Hello Cannonica, which soft start did you decide on ...? OK , i see, what's the small tranny powering ?

Last edited:
Thank you Cannonica and A. Wayne

I have made a video using my old Canon A310 (bought brand new from Brazilian free market by 50 USD included memory card)...you see it can record bass.

If you have good bass reproduction into your PC, then you gonna listen some bass.

Canon A310 recording bass - YouTube

Your pictures are professional Martin Limieux ...you gonna be famous...i am glad you are in my thread..one day i will be proud to say that you are my friend.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hello Cannonica, which soft start did you decide on ...? OK , i see, what's the small tranny powering ?

The softstart is the one from connexelectronic. It does the trick, the only thing is that the hi-current terminal block is small and I had difficulties connecting 14AWG wires. I strip the thread on a screw on one of the connectors. I had to cut the connector and replace that broken connection with a post where I soldered the wire.

The small transfo you see is for powering the standby circuit I've created (bottom left in picture).

Martin.

New group buy is within our plans.... the one have already felt the need

of a second round was Meanman, the one that run group buy in the smps forum...he want to open a new one at diyaudio.... also Byron was invited but seems he is busy now a days.

These things depends on interest... depends on how many guys show interest to order boards.... we need numbers, quantity of people, because manufacturer pcboard price reduces when we increase the quantity.

Posting your interest you are already helping....the seed was planted..now we must wait... we gonna be wishing others will post they want boards.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.