1000W PA Quasi NMOS Amp - Class H Stepdriver possibile ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does somebody have experience or ideas

I want add Class H Rail Step driver for quasicomplementary NMOS amp 60/110 V DC?

but I remember in the past some diy member told me quasicomplementary amp does not working with class H Stepdriver (amp will oscillating in negative rail and burn up) ....but I think this information is not true , because its working in commercial NAD 208 70 V / 120 V Rail

NAD 208 is commercial Class H quasicomplementary NMOS amp

I think it can work if add Class H Step driver from apex member (900 W PA amp with limiter thread )

ANY ideas to increase efficiency for NMOS amp ? I dont like BJT output stage

Whats wrong with bjt output stages ? I say the opposite, i had a go at mosfet output but dident like the sound, maybe for a subwoofer amp but thats it.

I've also seen somewhere that for high output power, bjt is preferred over mosfets.

And i seem to prefer the sound from complementary mjt over quasi mosfet.

I've also seen somewhere that for high output power, bjt is preferred over mosfets.

And i seem to prefer the sound from complementary mjt over quasi mosfet.

bjt devices cheaper is mass production by chinese manufacturer this is true

but not in sound, really... have seen many commercial poor sounding bjt amps

and often fails with secondary breakdown.

mosfets are much more rugged and free from secondary breakdown

if you want share your bjt design, and im satisfied with bjt sound it can be it changed my views but actually...bjt amp no way,... only for bass but big risk of secondary breakdown with high output power

For high current i prefer mosfets

H CLASS

POSSIBILE

Attachments

• qcpaunstablesk5.jpg
    qcpaunstablesk5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,214
bjt devices cheaper is mass production by chinese manufacturer this is true

but not in sound, really... have seen many commercial poor sounding bjt amps

and often fails with secondary breakdown.

mosfets are much more rugged and free from secondary breakdown

if you want share your bjt design, and im satisfied with bjt sound it can be it changed my views but actually...bjt amp no way,... only for bass but big risk of secondary breakdown with high output power

For high current i prefer mosfets

I am very satisfied with BJT sound in my amplifiers and I haven't had any secondary breakdown yet in any of my amps sold commercially.
I have a proto type Class H doing + 2kW peak i 2 ohms with "only" 4 pair BJT and 2 switch MOSFET also tested in reactive and capacitive loads - not problem. It beated 2 x 1000W Class D RCF it was AB tested against :D
- so I think it's a matter of implementation ;)

Regards,
Robert GS

Sat Shri Akal Paa Ji , As being a 2n3773 lover this circuit is delight for me .I will be gratefull if you can post full details ,part list, and p.c.b. design also of this circuit .I have around 500 pcs. of 2n3773 of different companies also have a good stock of mj3773 and mj15024 .

Sat Shri Akal Paaji Thank you for reply, Soon I will start work on this project at present I am busy repairing my BPL duel trace 20Mhz oscilloscope.Question again 1.what transistors can be used in place of Ztxnpn .2.which other I.C.s can be used in place of Lm311 and Lf412. for Outputs I will use 2n3773.Already have started sketching P.c.b. design.Waiting for your valuable reply.

How about this ?

look here......

Attachment: Quasi NMOS CLASS H PA and HI-FI amp

Class H Stepdriver without ICs... more cost effective design and devices easy to get.

Fort BJT lovers:

Mosfets can replace with 6 x 2 SC5200 but mosfets are more rugged and can driving harder compare to BJTs

Soundquality is proved from fuzzly diy Audio people and hard to beat from the deep lows to clear highs

Amp with N Mosfets or BJT Output stage in Class AB configuration is build, tested and proved for stable working with high qudio quality from hundreds DIYer

Attention: People dont claim with me because
Class H Stepdrivers not tested will do it next weeks

Attachments

• NMOS Balanced CLASS H Schematic.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,010
Last edited:
Sat Shri Akal Paaji, The other day I was looking around konzert Amp & Speakers . there I saw your Letter About Duraflex. I have already posted you aletter about this because here in Agra we A Speaker box manufacturing co. is making Jbl and eaw type Boxes under my guidance. and we Paint them with same texture. I have already srnt a letter to you how to do that. If you have not recieved that letter please write to me on my id vedmitraa@gmail.com. and i will send you the detailed procedure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.