Model 0147 DIY Kit from 47 labs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This seems new. Solid state, discrete transistor headphone amplifier kit form 47 labs. I like the styling and the old school layout. Price is quite reasonable too.

0147� Treasure

Interesting aside: I had never seen this before, but it ends up very similar to my Sapphire headphone amp I built recently, with a very similar design philosophy. The output stage is kept outside of the feedback loop, and the output stage is comprised of a pair of complementary transistors on each phase of the push pull buffer. I achieved this with a diamond buffer, they did it with two "sziklai pairs" but the end result is the same and it's done for the same reason: to lower distortion by having NPN and PNP transistors in each phase of the push pull output stage.

Attachments

• 0147 ?????????.jpg
    0147 ?????????.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Now updated in grey.

MODEL 0147

And a version with a USB DAC built in,

MODEL 0247

Plus, check out the CD player, solid state power amp, and passive preamp ...

47 Labs Shop

I'm such a sucker for grey hammertone. Yeah, I know it's a commercial link, but this new stuff from Mr. Kimura is channeling the low-rent DIY vibe big time, it deserves to be here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.