Anthony Holton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
He did sort of disappear and my symmetrical amplifiers have been a bit of trouble because of it. I discussed things with him via e-mail sometime about a year ago (maybe more), and I got the PCBs just fine, but I never heard from him after that. Oh well. If anyone does hear from him, please let me know.

The designs are great, but it's just when newbies like me try to build things and have certain constraints, it's nice to have assistance in deciding the right way to do things. I had thermal stability problems that caused a few failures... over-voltage caused a transistor to explode... trouble mounting the output stage... etc. (Though I didn't get the same fireworks Arne did... :eek: ) It would have been nice to have the support of the designer, but I can acccept that he might not be able to put so much time into the amplifier business nowadays.

Anyway, my symmetrical amps are working fine now although it seems the recommended biasing is insufficient if the output devices are not perfectly matched. I'm still not sure what to think about the sound quality. Has anyone else built that design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.