IMG STA-160 - trouble again...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody!
I have an IMG StageLine STA-160 amplifier. It has been working perfectly for about two years. Today it blew the 630mA fuses feeding the +/-24, +/-15 and +8V raisl through the 18V-0-18V windings of the transformer. I found out that only the right channel causes the fuses to blow so the protection and input circuits should be okay. I don't see any connections between the high power part of the right channel and the low power circuits that could be responsible for blowing the fuses except for CLIP, INPUT and +24V but all of them are at normal levels. The PSU-Fault checking circuit does not seem to have caused any problems as the fuse doesnt blow with the power amp section disconnected from the PSU-PCB (the PSU-Fault circuit is located between the power amp fuses and the connection cables from the fuses to the power amp.

Schematics for the amp can be found at schematicsunlimited (.co.uk)

Hope you can help me!
Thanks

i already provided a website where you can download the schematic as i dont know if i'm allowed to link to the schematic directly.

anyways i uploaded the relevant parts as an attachment to this post!

Attachments

• sta150.gif
    sta150.gif
    158.7 KB · Views: 153
  • sta150-2.gif
    sta150-2.gif
    156.6 KB · Views: 139
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.