Power Cord SOCKET for Power Amp Main Con. REWIREABLE-Ultimate Quality and Standart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Power Cord female Socket (IEC60320-C15) for Power Amp Main Connection, REWIREABLE - Ultimate Quality and Standart Quality

I am looking for a power cord socket with small outline but appropriate for thick cable diameter.

Here two examples - both not suited for my applications:
Bulgin "PX0587" vs Furutech "FI-218(R)"

http://www.bulgin.co.uk/PDFs/CatNo82/CatNo82pages/Page_69_2005_Cat.pdf
FI-28(R) High End Performance Power Connector

The "PX0587" from Bulgin is a good known version - but the disadvantage is, that I cannot use 12 mm cable

By the Furutech "FI-218(R)" I can use 12 mm cable, but the problem is, I cannot use for amp devices, where the mains connector is recessed mounting, because the outer diameter is too large.
BTW - from the Furutech outline there are a wide range of other manufacturers in the meantime.

I am looking for a connector with the advantages of this two mentioned examples, but without their disadvantages - i. e. small outer dimensions from Bulgin but appropriate for cable diameter up to 12 mm.

Thank you for your advices

Attachments

• Connector Bulgin PX0597 R2114224-20.jpg
    Connector Bulgin PX0597 R2114224-20.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Connector Furutech FI-28(R).jpeg
    Connector Furutech FI-28(R).jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
A C15 is only good for 10A or so, why would you want to use such a huge cable on one?

Unless this cable is about a mile long (in which case voltage drop becomes a limit before thermal effects) it all seems very strange.

If something other then IEC would be acceptable there are the powercon plugs (Including a 32A single phase version), which are very food and actually latch unlike the IEC (A win with big cables).

Personally if I was making up a stupidly long feeder for an amp I would probably run it to a local connection point then use something sensible sized to get the final few feet to the amp.

Powercon are also far easier to wire then most rewirable IEC.

Regards, Dan.

can you post a link to your cable?

Why you need that?
I haven't special favorite, but here some examples without screen and other so called "Audio Features" for main power cords:

RS Components H07RNF 660-3557
| Cables | Electrical/Power | Flexible Mains Cables |
RS Components H07RNF 660-3554
| Cables | Electrical/Power | Flexible Mains Cables |
Lapp H07RN-F
Lapp Cable | Cables | Electrical/Power | Flexible Mains Cable - Rubber | High Temperature
http://www.conseroinc.com/pdfs/prysmian/specail_purpose/ho7rnf.pdf (only German Language)

A C15 is only good for 10A or so, why would you want to use such a huge cable on one?

Unless this cable is about a mile long (in which case voltage drop becomes a limit before thermal effects) it all seems very strange.

If something other then IEC would be acceptable there are the powercon plugs (Including a 32A single phase version), which are very food and actually latch unlike the IEC (A win with big cables).

Personally if I was making up a stupidly long feeder for an amp I would probably run it to a local connection point then use something sensible sized to get the final few feet to the amp.

Powercon are also far easier to wire then most rewirable IEC.

Regards, Dan.

This I know all. But many customers want to have thick cable. If I have your view, also the expensive kind of mentioned Furutech connectors aren't really necessary. One of the important thing is for me the transition resistance by the contacts: It must be as low as possible, both at solder side and plug side. the requirement for the thickness of arround 12 mm outer diameter has only cosmetic reasons (for better selling). Actually 7-8 mm outer diameter (3x 0,75mm internal diameter) is enough.

Last edited:
the requirement for the thickness of around 12 mm outer diameter has only cosmetic reasons (for better selling). Actually 7-8 mm outer diameter (3x 0,75mm internal diameter) is enough.
0.75mm diameter is equivalent to ~0.44sqmm.
That has a very low current rating.
I would put in a minimum of 1sqmm and my preference would be for 1.5sqmm. Both of these will fit a standard 6A or 10A IEC plug top.

I have a 2.5sqmm 3core flex fitted to a BS1363. It is about 10mm diameter. It only just fitted into the terminals and plug space.

Furutech FE-15E was a good choice, but unfortunately no longer available (obsolete), as I know
Stereo Tuning - Furutech - Gold IEC Plug - FI-15E(G)
Who knows other manufacturers, that offer such connectors in the design from attachement (first two images)?

The Oyaide 4781 versions isn't suited for cable diameter >8 mm because the enclosure is the same than that one from Schurter/Otto Heil
OYAIDE ELEC,co,.ltd.
and the model C-079 again is too large in diameter at the rear aera

Attachments

• Kaltgerätekuppelung FI-15E Furutech.jpeg
    Kaltgerätekuppelung FI-15E Furutech.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Kaltgerätekuppelung FI-15E Furutech open.jpg
    Kaltgerätekuppelung FI-15E Furutech open.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Kaltgerätekuppelung Oyaide.jpg
    Kaltgerätekuppelung Oyaide.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 132
  • Kabelkuppelung Oyaide C-079.ppg.jpg
    Kabelkuppelung Oyaide C-079.ppg.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
an other manufacturer from Taiwan without me known website: "IeGo POWER"
an example in transparency plastic design in the attachement:
and an URL:
IeGo Power Dream Works
Who knows the URL from that manufacturer in Taiwan?
Perhaps here smaller IEC female connectors also in production.

Attachments

• Netzkabelkuppelung IeGo 8055CT.JPG
    Netzkabelkuppelung IeGo 8055CT.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Netzkabelkuppelung IeGo 8055CT+package.JPG
    Netzkabelkuppelung IeGo 8055CT+package.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 48
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.