Genuine Sanken 2SA1216 Supplier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As per title, I am looking for a replacement 2SA1216 Sanken transistor for my Audiolab 8000P as a fault with my DAC caused the said transistor to depart along with a common emitter 0.22ohm resistor. With there being many copies around I would be grateful if someone knows of a genuine supplier.

Cheers

Hi,

I just bought 10 of each 2SA1216Y and 2SC2922Y from them for a dead 8000P with some dead outputs. It was kept in a wall unit with doors and probably got too hot inside for it. It might have been forgotten and left on with the doors closed. Years of use too in too warm conditions because of wall unit and no air conditioning probably took their toll too!

Does the Y mean they should match well enough? I was thinking of replacing all outputs or is that a waste? Would any of the other transistors etc. be damaged too?

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Each channel has 2 2SC2922 & 2 2SA1216's this is in the audiolab 8000p - in total 4 2SC2922's & 4 2SA1216's. The fault on mine caused 1 2SA1216 to demise along with 1 0.22 uf common emitter resistor (white with 3 legs). I replaced these and now works as before :) on mine there are glass diodes which look nothing special until there is a fault - they illuminate red, there is one of these diodes per pair of transistors.
Was wondering whether changing the op-amp (TL071 afaik) with a burr brown would improve the sound quality??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.