How to fix the Audio Research D-110 modules

I received my boards form John. They look great and real nice quality. At this point I'm just waiting on the fet's and il be ready to go.
20230318_111449.jpg

Butch discovered that the square pads are inconsistent between the MJE340 and MJE350
The square pad on MJE350 is correct, the MJE340 is wrong. I pointed this out in some earlier threads, these boards are a revision from "Jayfree" design. Use the silkscreen for orientation, do not pay attention to the square pad. The footprint files in EasyEda are open source and inconsistent, it was easier to add the silkscreen in lieu of revising the board.
See screenshot of the boards below pointing out a couple of the MJE340 oriented wrong

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.04.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 8.04.50 PM.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 86
Yes this was very frustrating as the amplifer was acting very strange and very inconsistent voltages all over it. I was chasing my tail for a while the whole time talking to deafbykhorns and he is awsome. I wasnt here for the earlier posts but I could have easily skipped over him mentioning that as I read through the thread ( multiple boards mentioned). We had a lengthy conversation about my issues and I truly didnt think it was the boards but he went way above and beyond to offer help and advice (in my book that speaks volumes). Anyhow I confirmed the pinout a couple hours ago with him and he said to disregard the square pad and I knew right then that was my issue. I basically installed half the transistors backwards. He then told me there is a heavy line on the the board on the side of the would be transistor heat sink side. So I pulled the half of them and reoriented them and the amp functions perfectly. The amp has about + or - 4mv offset and is warming the room up as I type. I'm excited to get a good listen. So when you insert the transistors all of the heatsink sides point toward the heavy line on the board below them. Hats off to deafbykhorns for getting these boards out there and working. He will save many of these amps from becoming boat anchors.

There’s been some discussion about producing these boards in Qty. using SMDs.
If someone can find substitutes for the 2SK70 and 2SJ74 in an SMD device as well as the MJE devices and will do the sims or math, I’ll design the board.
LSK170 and LSJ74 from LinearSystems.

Has anyone determined how the servo works in the D-110? Shouldn't there be a 100k resistor from the output of U1, U2 to the non-inverting inputs of AM1L and AM1R?

Attachments

• AR D110 Servo.png
    AR D110 Servo.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 69
i have a D110b witch i do enjoy,super powerful amp,just picked up a D110 and am going to upgrade it to a D110b specs.
goal is to monoblock them! i do have a slight hum in both units,, i seen the posts from Deathbykhorns,im excited that theres is going to be AM-1 and AM-2
boards available, i cant contact him because i just joined, geuss it will take some time to be cleared for that, realy happy to see
people keeping these amps alive!