New Amplifier Chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on both amplifier and pre amp chassis for several personal DIY projects. There are only a few commercial cases available to us DIYers for this type of construction, and they are expensive to purchase and nearly as expensive to get to the US so I decided for the same money, I could roll my own.

The front dress plate is 1/2" thick aluminum with blind attachment from the back. The heatsinks are about 5" x 12" (3U tall case) and about 2.3" fins. The bottom plate is 0.080", the top and back are 0.062". I am looking into a hardwood for feet.

Aside from adding some vents to the top and bottom and figuring out what to do about feet, am I missing anything?

Dave

(I travel and work quite a bit so I will not be able to respond to every question or reply quickly in most cases. My apologies up front if you need a prompt response.:))

Attachments

• AMP 3U ASSY_small.jpg
    AMP 3U ASSY_small.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 333
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.