Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book

It's here!

Congratulations Bob on this great achievement!

Now... when's the third edition coming? :D

Attachments

• DesigningAudioPowerAmplifiers.jpg
    DesigningAudioPowerAmplifiers.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 527
When/where is the book signing event/party and the tour? :) Even though I would not be able to attend, so have fun ...

I will be at RMAF in Denver, AES in NY and Burning Amp in San Francisco. Bring yours and I'll be honored to sign it. I do not currently plan to sell copies, but Focal/Routledge will likely be exhibiting at the AES convention in NY in October (10/16-19) selling them.

Cheers,
Bob

I replicated an experiment in Bob's discourse on cables. A 10 foot of Monster Cable -- terminated "short" and with a 100R Caddock. The impedance of the Caddock is included for reference.

I also attached the cable to a little ADS Bookshelf speaker I had in the lab.

The reason Bob likes Zobels!

Attachments

• Z_Monster Cable.png
    Z_Monster Cable.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Z_Monster Cable Plus Speaker.png
    Z_Monster Cable Plus Speaker.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 421
Just got my copy - momentous effort with plenty of unanswered questions for the third edition - well done. Not sure if this is the right place to note typos but about halfway down page 69 the phrase "The current mirror of Figure 2.9b ..." should read "The current mirror of Figure 2.11b ...". On page 41 it states that a 22M start up resistor is necessary for the ring-of-two Green LED current source to operate. This is certainly true of a simulation with ideal devices; but in the real world the circuit is self starting, under all circumstances, without the 22M resistor. I discovered this circuit over a decade ago and use it so frequently that I made a tiny SMT PCB to implement it.

Attachments

• DSCN2344.JPG
    DSCN2344.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 343
I ordered mine via Book Depository US. Never again.

Slow Slow and Slower, NO indication of when it will arrive, and this is an Amazon

Company.
Shame on Bezo and Company

I'm sorry to hear this. I also saw that on Amazon they seemed to be selling it through Book Depository rather than Amazon itself. I don't know why, but I just checked and now it appears to be coming from Amazon directly. This may have been a start-up issue having to do with stock. Possibly, Amazon used up all of its initial stock shipping pre-ordered copies, and had to fall back to its associated sellers.

Cheers,
Bob