OPS topology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,
I woud like to know more about the next choice I need to make for an OPS design.

It will be a class B amp thats for sure.

But :

1) BJT or MOSFET ? It would be MJ15003/4 in the first case or 2SJ162/2SK1058 in the mosfet case.

2) What topology? emitter follower / source follower or Complementary feedback or triples or ... ?

3) In all cases how do link the OPS best to the VAS? Bufferstage? What driver or predriver components to use?

Where do I have to watch out for !?

The first part of the amp is high end no compromises : mirror image, current mirror, darlington + cascoded VAS with Temporal Miller Compensation and a CMCL to solve the VAS Iq setting which will be set at around 20mA....output power will be set for around 250W into 8ohms and able to run 4ohm loads too.

I thought this info might be important to know if one has to choose an OPS config.

I hope to receive founded information but mere opinions are welcome too but in that case state clearly it is an opinion...:)

Thnx everyone

Olivier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.