Speaker delayed insertion, speaker protector, off set sensor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
having fuses too.

I found in a book...the board was made and sent me as gift, by Mr. Miguel Malheiros (Rio de Janeiro).

Soon i will assemble, adjust and test...if good...then will describe how it works and will post more details to the ones interested.

This is not a Dx Corporation Design...found in a book.... will inform you, the book name, and page, very soon.

In advance will see how this works.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DID 1.jpg
    DID 1.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 963
  • DID 2.jpg
    DID 2.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 863
  • DID 3.jpg
    DID 3.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 799
A friend provided me the PDF, produce the board layout..it is not a Dx design

That friend printed my name on it...but it is not mine...a mistake only.

Here you have layout..also the book schematic and the board schematic.

The book is "Electricity and Electronics, second edition - G. Randy Slone....book page 278

He is the designer, not me!

The book describes how this works...you can see just watching the schematic..but if result fine, then i will explain, describe, myself.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Esquema.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 431
  • Speaker protection.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 933
I do not know if this will work fine, if there's some error on it or not

seems fine..but maybe some resistance adjustment may be needed, better transistor selection, or to test ours.... timing adjustment and so on.

Seems fine...but who knows?... sometimes we find mistakes...human mistakes or layout mistakes..parts inverted and so on.

I will assemble and will be happy to let you all know.

Soon.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Details in close up.jpg
    Details in close up.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 888
In my case i have to go downtown to buy parts.... exclusive travel to buy 1W zener

Not to go there..only because 2N551 and a zener diode...i will make some changes.... also i may use a 7824 voltage regulator instead these three parts modified.

Maybe Q5 will need a bigger transistor there....more safe....maybe a BD135 or BD139 or something alike...or TIP31C, or TIP41C

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• I have not 1W zener.jpg
    I have not 1W zener.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 488
That friend printed my name on it...but it is not mine...a mistake only.

Here you have layout..also the book schematic and the board schematic.

The book is "Electricity and Electronics, second edition - G. Randy Slone....book page 278

He is the designer, not me!

The book describes how this works...you can see just watching the schematic..but if result fine, then i will explain, describe, myself.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Nice circuit, looking at the 1.jpg image, I remember that Cambridge Audio was using a similar but less developped circuit in the P40 amp.

The transistors Q2 and Q3 act like a flip flop circuit (in french we call that une bascule), wen there is a too big signal at output, Q3 will in a blocked situation and the protection are intering in fonction.

Thank for sharing this circuit.

Bye

Gaetan

Not mine dear Gaetan...was Randy Slone the one did it

But you are welcome..your kindness to think i have made this.

I have the text book..they explain the way this works.... wonderfull...if you want i can copy and produce small images to send you Gaetan730...but send me an email..to confirm your adress..as i have changed a lot of things here...formating hard drive, installing older (and better) windows...and i have changed also Browser, now using several others, avoiding Internet Explorer...and because of these things i have made..maybe i have lost your email adress...i think i have..but not sure.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

We call here "multivibrador".....multivibrateur may be in your language...or "biestavel"

These are nice things...lamps goes flicking very low frequency while condenser goes charging..lovely effect..we can arrange Leds together the relays...so we gonna have a lot of ligths ....this is nice...hehehehh....i like that....maybe ridiculous to others..but i like signals..lamps flashing..these things.

This needs adjustment...to our own personnal tast.that frequency...also the ligth decay time..maybe some minor modifications will be done....i will do that those next two days.... then i will offer, not my design, but my work, follow up,.....my help.

I am changing the silk screen, to help builders (if someone turns interested)... to use BC546, as this transistor has inverted leads when compared to 2N5551.

By the way, dear Gaetan (mon bon ami).... this picture you're using is nice..you are handsome..good looking guy.... seems someone we can trust..someone that has enormous heart...someone that has friends with the same value of Gold!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Transistor position reference changed to BC546.jpg
    Transistor position reference changed to BC546.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
But you are welcome..your kindness to think i have made this.

We call here "multivibrador".....multivibrateur may be in your language...or "biestavel"

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Yesss, multivibrator in english, I did not remember it, but in some french book it also named bascule wen it's in a protection circuits.

Keep us in touch about it, I'm sure that many guys will use it.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Read the thread boys...the whole thread.... 3 times was said not checked.

I think my english is very poor....this happens a lot.

No checked, means, parts were inserted, and it is possible wrong way, wrong values, inverted transistors, NPN in the place of PNP..shorts, parts missed, lines interrupted and so on..this needs triple check before power on.

It is kind from folks to check for me..but even you doing that, for safety reasons, i will check it three times before connect supply.

You are good to observe mistakes..this means you may be good to assemble, and to check your own board.... what do you think to make one to you...i will be happy with that.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
You memory is usually good enougth

my posts are usually short enougth...when we do not speak a good and very clear english, we have to explain two times and be very carefull to express ourselves to avoid misunderstoodings...even this way people do not understand several things and come to ask about things already explained.

Maybe you are rigth...too much long and people do not read because have not patience to read..... well...these ones have not patience to read also may have not patience to build..as build ask much more patience than to read.

So... this makes a kind of natural selection.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.