Speaker delayed insertion, speaker protector, off set sensor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The soft Start Circuit Looks Brilliant

I have tested one like this on a Veroboard, with Two Relays unlike most with only one Relay, and Op Amp driving a Transistor, works really well, I adapted the design by Rod Elliot, it uses three Power resistors, and I have separated the resistors and the Relays from the main board because I though it was safer. I think Ill etch a board of this also Carlos, thanks so much for sharing :)

This one have not worked fine... was not aproved Zeraphine

i do not think it is a good idea to try it.

I had problems related the timing, the DC sensitivity was not good, the relay have not closed contact in a decided way...one of them seems had vibrations during the operation.

I had tweaked but i really dislike the circuit....very unprecise...... i have stopped and decided to design my own by myself.

I never did that, as i am not too much motivated, i do not think they are really needed, fuses can do a nice job too...all my life i have used fuses and i have never regret about..so..i do not have good reasons, personally, to make it.

I gave a try on that because a book circuit, from a good designer...i was not satisfied.

Dx Blame does not have power on noises...so.... circuits not needed to mute it.....it is already silent..... the board has already fuses and i use to suggest people to use fuses....2.5A in series with the output line (to speaker) when using 8 ohms and 5.0A in series with the output line to 4 ohms.

I have made it because forum friends, as there are a lot of guys that likes these protections...was not for me.... as i am not motivated i have stopped to work on that.

Search for one schematic if you want..assemble, test and use it if you want....but do it under your own risk.

regards,

Carlos

Understood Carlos

Im currently trying out the DC protection and Muting Circuit designed by Rod Elliot, I know what you mean, I actually dont need muting also, but Itll be really handy to have DC protection if something on the Amp fails itll protect my speakers at least, keep on posting your findings carlos,

Regards
Zeraphine.

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
seems fine..but maybe some resistance adjustment may be needed, better transistor selection, or to test ours.... timing adjustment and so on.

Seems fine...but who knows?... sometimes we find mistakes...human mistakes or layout mistakes..parts inverted and so on.

I will assemble and will be happy to let you all know.

Soon.

regards,

Carlos
do you test this protection?its work or not?

If you look at the circuit as it is printed in the " Tab Electronics Guide To Understanding Electricity and Electronics", the Zener Diode is not schematically in the right direction. Look at the circuit as it is in "High Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual" or "The Audiophiles Project Sourcebook". There the Zener Diode is in the right direction. You also need to do the math on the Rs and Iz depending on your voltage source if you are taking directly from the main power supply. All this to say that you need to flip your Zener the right direction and the protection circuit will work fine.

speaker delay

Attachments

• po.jpg
    po.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 173
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.