100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

I powered the modules and unable to set the bias voltage :(
Both boards are showing same behaviour, the DC offset on one board is 15mv and on the other board is 7mv

Tried to adjust the trimmer but there is no voltage displayed

Regards
Raj

IMG_9412.jpg

Last edited:
I powered the modules and unable to set the bias voltage :(
Both boards are showing same behaviour, the DC offset on one board is 15mv and on the other board is 7mv

Tried to adjust the trimmer but there is no voltage displayed

Regards
Raj

View attachment 775986

i have about the same issue but at one board when var is turned it adjust to about 2.3 mv, further that it jumps to +100mv and output transistors start heating.

hi sir
i was reading some previous posts about ax17. i faced about the same issue in adjusting the bias and dc offset. i will try the given instructions. my pcb is without dc servo, also there is another amp ax15. iam thinking to make it. there might be no issue in offset and bias adjustment with ax15. it it true?.

I followed the 11683 procedure, earlier i haven’t connected the signal ground to chassis ground.
After connecting it DC offset from 15mv on one channel is dropped to 5mv.

Sure prasi after connecting it to my main speakers will share my review, as i do t have speaker protection so did not want to take risk

Regards
Raj

Go for a different topology if you want something different, like apex studio reference or AKSA quasi-complementary mosfet amplifier or DIYA honeybadger.

I think you are right. After making and listening to a40 with p30 , ax 20, ax 17, and ax 14, i want to try something different. i should definitely go for different topology. i am also missing my headphones because headphone jack of my laptop is not working and i don't bother to fix it. i have decided to make a headphone amplifier.:):):)

Yesterday i have connected AX-14 with my main speakers and found like left channel is having more gain than the right channel

Any suggestions to solve the issue?

One more observation is when i switch on the amp with out connecting the signal input there is thumb and hiss sound - is it normal?

Regards
Raj