Apex A40

Attachments

• IMG_20190331_184848.jpg
    IMG_20190331_184848.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_20190331_183809.jpg
    IMG_20190331_183809.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 1,216
AX6 PCBs from our respected Prasi as a free gift :) Thank you Prasi and Apex.

Regards
Sha

Hell Sha,
Thanks for your acknowledgement. You are too kind.:)
Do read the entire thread on APEX AX-6, a very good sounding amplifier. Proper biasing is important and you need to first set it with a trimmer and then remove and replace with fixed resistor.
Since it has in built PSU, You just need a transformer with dual secondaries, and you are done with both channels. very clean build is possible.
Do use quality components especially in signal path and a decent quality Nichicon cap for the output.

regards
Prasi

Hell Sha,
Thanks for your acknowledgement. You are too kind.:)
Do read the entire thread on APEX AX-6, a very good sounding amplifier. Proper biasing is important and you need to first set it with a trimmer and then remove and replace with fixed resistor.
Since it has in built PSU, You just need a transformer with dual secondaries, and you are done with both channels. very clean build is possible.
Do use quality components especially in signal path and a decent quality Nichicon cap for the output.

regards
Prasi

Thank you Prasi for the inputs :) . I copy that.

Regards
Sha

apex ax14_total new_2pairs_rev1 - Share Project - PCBWay

Hello,
I bought these AX14 pcb, I'm waiting for it to arrive. I see that it uses a pair of transistors per channel (original one single), but what is the advantage? ...... according to you I can apply a voltage of 63-0-63?

Hello,
I think you would be safe with 56V max. for 2 pairs. 63V is too high for 2 pairs.
Aim for 150 W to 180W max with 4 output devices.
regards
Prasi