100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

I've completed my AX6 build using the 2N3055h, and it works, whether it works properly is up for debate, but I was chuffed to bits (in English that translates to "very pleased ") to hear result of my efforts. All the more pleasing as it was through the bookshelf speakers I cobbled together.

Next up is the FH9 and I also want to try the FX8.

I wanted to try one of the pcb fab houses that seems to sponsor almost every YouTube video I watch. So for $2 or £1.60 I had 10 boards made for the AX11. These are double sided boards using Thiagomogi's layout and as I only need one set, if anyone would like a set give me a shout and I will give you my details so you can send me a self addressed envelope.

Quick question on components, the AX11 needs a 300pf cap, could I have substituted a 330pf which is a more common value?

Cheers,

Graham

I've completed my AX6 build using the 2N3055h, and it works, whether it works properly is up for debate, but I was chuffed to bits (in English that translates to "very pleased ") to hear result of my efforts. All the more pleasing as it was through the bookshelf speakers I cobbled together.

Next up is the FH9 and I also want to try the FX8.

I wanted to try one of the pcb fab houses that seems to sponsor almost every YouTube video I watch. So for $2 or £1.60 I had 10 boards made for the AX11. These are double sided boards using Thiagomogi's layout and as I only need one set, if anyone would like a set give me a shout and I will give you my details so you can send me a self addressed envelope.

Quick question on components, the AX11 needs a 300pf cap, could I have substituted a 330pf which is a more common value?

Cheers,

Graham

Thanks thimios and Terry,

I think the hum could be due to insertion of mosfet Rds between PGND and SPEAKER -.

I hope Mr. Mile can suggest improvements to remove the hum:cheerful:, otherwise SSR protect is a very useful for any amp from long term protection point of view.

meanwhile I just cobbled together a layout to use a double banana binding post.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• APEX SSR LAY.png
    APEX SSR LAY.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • APEX SSR SCH.png
    APEX SSR SCH.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,390
Thanks thimios and Terry,

I think the hum could be due to insertion of mosfet Rds between PGND and SPEAKER -.

I hope Mr. Mile can suggest improvements to remove the hum:cheerful:, otherwise SSR protect is a very useful for any amp from long term protection point of view.

meanwhile I just cobbled together a layout to use a double banana binding post.

regards
Prasi

No, the hum is because of no optoisolator use.