100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hassan i have done a short google search "apex ax17" and found different examples for
layout, parts placement so on..

Only for example alex mm is one of the master in PCB design here.
Look here in the thread: #2918
You can see sgnd is connected to gnd via 10 Ohm resistor (ground lift), also Emitter R27/28 are connected together to Output.

I don't see that in presented file of layout? R27 is connecting Transistor Emitter to ground only.
You can also see in alex layout the 10 Ohm/3W-R29 is going from output to 47n- C10 and
than connecting ground, i think it should work as R-C network together, i've never seen it that way.
Could this work too, that way?

Hassan i have done a short google search "apex ax17" and found different examples for
layout, parts placement so on..

Only for example alex mm is one of the master in PCB design here.
Look here in the thread: #2918
You can see sgnd is connected to gnd via 10 Ohm resistor (ground lift), also Emitter R27/28 are connected together to Output.

I don't see that in presented file of layout? R27 is connecting Transistor Emitter to ground only.
You can also see in alex layout the 10 Ohm/3W-R29 is going from output to 47n- C10 and
than connecting ground, i think it should work as R-C network together, i've never seen it that way.
Could this work too, that way?
R28/R27 connected together with jamper....pcb is correctly...
i confused abut ax17....
i see many pcb of ax 17...i check my pcb with schematic...step by step...every thing be ok....just i read in forum that c6 replace 1000uf/16v....and replace R21 whit 1/5k....but yet have problem....maybe my mistake..tommorow i check every thing again....a have problem too with fh11..but mr mail help to solve that..

AX14 Single pair with photosensitive dry film.

Attachments

• AX14 willy's pcb.jpg
    AX14 willy's pcb.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 606
Hi Olaf,

The A14 is singing. I had a little trouble at first until I noticed that the input ground is not attached to anything. I installed a 5R6 resistor from input ground to PGND and all is well. This is quite a nice amp. Square waves are very sharp and the sound is clear with strong bass. Very nice.

can i use 50-0-50 psu for this amp?
ax17 is betete or it?

R28/R27 connected together with jamper....

Ok, that comes in mind as i wrote here.
I also don't have build this AX17, but for SOA of 1943/5200 is max +/- 42V more safe
with 8 Ohm load only.

For Test add some power R of 10Ohm/5-10W in each supply line.
Have you connected sgnd to Pgnd now? as suggested, also a 4,7-10 Ohm R can be used to
connect it, sometimes helps.
You can also compare to Alex PCB to yours for differences.
Maybe your start with 50 volt was to high for any transistors?

Let us know your next steps of testing, so experienced members will help with more

advice.

I also don't have build this AX17, but for SOA of 1943/5200 is max +/- 42V more safe
with 8 Ohm load only.

Have you connected sgnd to Pgnd now? as suggested, also a 4,7-10 Ohm R can be used to

Let us know your next steps of testing, so experienced members will help with more

advice.
very tanx that help me...im not in home...when come back do it and tell to you what happened...best wish for me and you.

I didn't build the AX17 so can't speak to that. I wouldn't use a +-50V supply for anything that doesn't have at least two pair of outputs.

i see that you are very active in forums.
whats your suggest for me....for a 200 watt (50-0-50 psu)wich apex bjt amplifier is beter?
ax14 with 2pair/ax17 with 2 pair/ax20/a23/a33/a40...wich one?
however i love made all of them.but i want your idea!
regards

Last edited:
with 8 Ohm load only.

advice.
hi again....today i connected a 10R/3watt resistant between ground and signal ground....and connect psu....no pupop....no noise...no hom...ax17 work properly...tnx a lot. i use 6 ohm duble woofer for sony vx333.

muy linda página amigos, una consulta ,alguien tendra los pdf del APEX BX22 AMPLIFIER ? gracias , yo recién empiezo con esto de los amplificadores.

bro escribe en Ingles si es posible = bro write in English if you can or use google translator

this is the closest translation "nice web page friends, question, someone have the PDF of the Apex BX22 amplifier? thank you, I just star it about amplifiers."