100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Amplifier must be neutral in sound, for deeper bass use speakers with deeper bass or 'loudness' circuit if you must.
No need to use servo, match transistors and add pot for set DC offset, with DC servo it's easyer (auto set).
Regards
Thanks for the reply,
so there are 2 way to set the offset, manual offset with pot & automatic offset with IC.
I will continue my first plan AX17, simplyer no IC :)
will modified latter to AX17v2 or AX17S or maybe Sir Apex still have another AX17 evolution,...
One think, it is an upgradable amp but we can make AX17 as a start point

Regards

Attachments

• AX17 COMPONENT.jpg
    AX17 COMPONENT.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 5,494
Last edited:
Hi,
In post #995, you mention of an AX17S v2; Is it any different to the PCB in post #994? If so can I have the PCB of AX17S V2, I need to etch it. Also, may you please give me Power PCB / Schematic. What transformer should I use If I want to power 2 AX17S V2 for stereo sound. Thanks.

Use pcb from post #993, and AX17 can use same PSU and protect as AX14, NX14... or similar +/-45V 5A for stereo.
@ JOHN BALI use pcb from post #993, your pcb is not good for amplifier.

Last edited:
Use pcb from post #993, and AX17 can use same PSU and protect as AX14, NX14... or similar +/-45V 5A for stereo.
@ JOHN BALI use pcb from post #993, your pcb is not good for amplifier.
So that is the good design, I will compare to mine...
Ok, thanks for your advice... you're so responsible, protect me to not doing any damage, even I'm not doing it yet (I hope not to make it)
I guess because my PCB to small & the output track is spreading everywhere, is that the reason?
But if I make it bigger & short track of output, maybe this way okay?
So I will make 1 PCB to try, will inform if it is fail
& will powering with smaller PSU first, I don't like to fry innocent parts
I will take the risk, :) its my responsible now
or maybe I will do some revision first

Regards

Last edited:
So that is the good design, I will compare to mine...
Ok, thanks for your advice... you're so responsible, protect me to not doing any damage, even I'm not doing it yet (I hope not to make it)
I guess because my PCB to small & the output track is spreading everywhere, is that the reason?
But if I make it bigger & short track of output, maybe this way okay?
So I will make 1 PCB to try, will inform if it is fail
& will powering with smaller PSU first, I don't like to fry innocent parts
I will take the risk, :) its my responsible now
or maybe I will do some revision first

Regards

Pcb must be design with 'star' for ground 'star' for output, and rail tracks after decoupling caps, feedback from output 'star' to input... You have right for your tracks, but pcb is better to be smaller as posible.
Regards

Dear Mr. Apex,
Unfortunately, my ax-16 has just produced noise and pop up when it turns on on both channels I don't know why? It does never happen before. I measured dc out put but still low.
Please give some advices to solve the problem. Some one told me that there are some parts (small transistors) could be malfunctioned or broken...Could you give me clues which transistor potentially broken?
Many thanks before
Best regards,
Arif

Dear Mr. Apex,
Unfortunately, my ax-16 has just produced noise and pop up when it turns on on both channels I don't know why? It does never happen before. I measured dc out put but still low.
Please give some advices to solve the problem. Some one told me that there are some parts (small transistors) could be malfunctioned or broken...Could you give me clues which transistor potentially broken?
Many thanks before
Best regards,
Arif

Measure BE voltages on small transistrors, must be about 600mV.

I have replaced all small transistors with new transistors , also all glass diode , but the result still the same. My amp still produces noise and hum, I need your advice. I am sorry I forgot to measure BE voltage...Could you tell me the purpose of measuring BE voltage? I will do it soon.
Thank you so much...

Connect GND from PSU to the input terminals, from input terminals to case, discconect amp gnd from input gnd on amp pcbs and add zobel network on speakers terminals ( 10R, 100nF)

Attachments

• ARIF.jpg
    ARIF.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 3,425
Many thanks...Mr. Apex...
But these noise and hum never happened before. It run very great before with that lay out for months, and I like the sound so much. It happened first time only for left channel, and the other channel went the same. I think some parts may be in trouble.

Add zobel network on speaker terminals, with EI transformer instead toroidal HF instability is possible.

Pcb must be design with 'star' for ground 'star' for output, and rail tracks after decoupling caps, feedback from output 'star' to input... You have right for your tracks, but pcb is better to be smaller as posible.
Regards
Thanks to Apex,
You really save me... :)
I hope this one is okay to continue
if not okay yet, I will make new design again...
If okay I will made it soon

Hi Arif,
sudah cek PSU belum, kayaknya kapasitor atau elkonya yg masalah

Thanks

Regards

Attachments

• AX 17 TO.jpg
    AX 17 TO.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 5,176
Last edited:
Thanks to Apex,
You really save me... :)
I hope this one is okay to continue
if not okay yet, I will make new design again...
If okay I will made it soon

Hi Arif,
sudah cek PSU belum, kayaknya kapasitor atau elkonya yg masalah

Thanks

Regards

Hi John Bali...
I have checked all the supply caps ...fine. Also I changed with other supply from another amplifier ... still get the same noise and hum...
many thanks for your idea...
Best Regards...