100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

AX14 is 'Ultimate Fidelity Amp', FX14 and NX14 are MOSFET and QUASI (NMOS) variation with same VAS, all work great. In many threads people argue BJT vs MOSFET or vs QUASI, but with different VAS, speakers... I build and test AX14,FX14 and NX14 listen and compare sound on same speakers with same PSU, and I don't want share expiriance about that, it's your own to find.
Regards

Hello Apex,

How much "ultimate fidelity" is the ax14, what are you comparing it 2 , what is your reference ?

Regards,

Hi Apex i want to build your amplifier in post #135 send me PCB and dimensions please.
Regards
PCB from post #135 size: 47,5x82,5mm
Regards

Attachments

• APEX B80pcb.jpg
    APEX B80pcb.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 5,357
Hello Apex,

I did , that did not answer my question , you are claiming "ultimate fidelity "
i need a reference from you to get an clarification , ultimate fidelity compared to what ?

As good as Levinson ? better ? or just better than typical diy stuff ? can it drive an ESL?

regards,
Better than typical brand about 100w, better than typical diy stuff, can be compared with any amp without embarrassment...
I can't give quick, short, easy answer, see thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/165024-best-amplifier-world.html
Regards

I'm building the AX14. After that I'll build the FX14 and compare the sound. :cool:

I have some questions:

Does the BD139 be fixed to an output transistor for thermal compensation?

What's the bias I should use?

Thanks! :)
I use same pcb for AX14 and FX14, BD139 is fixed direct to heatsink, thermal compensation is "too good", on FX14 bias decrease from 200mA to 120mA when amp warm.
Regards