100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Maybe if i use different transistors,like mje340 /350 and some high voltage tall plastic ones for vas,i have some which i believe are over 300v, at 100ma for vas
2sc2229 that is 200v 50ma for vas

Its not about that, some component value like capacitors and resistors are there for a reason of +/-40vdc. build a working AX11 firts before of thingking modifiying the circuit.

The amplifier operates from the very first moment. No offset, silent with open input. The sound (only basic car speakers for the test) is very clear and transparent and strong and fully in the basses. The amplifier is absolutly competitive with any commercial amplifiers of this class.
I like it! Thanks to apex!

regards Olaf

Good. Is it necessary to heat sink the drivers (BD139/40)? What about thermal touch sensation?

Regards.

The amplifier operates from the very first moment. No offset, silent with open input. The sound (only basic car speakers for the test) is very clear and transparent and strong and fully in the basses. The amplifier is absolutly competitive with any commercial amplifiers of this class.
I like it! Thanks to apex!

regards Olaf

I was so curious to try it. Now I have trouble with my wife - friday night and not others then audio-amplifiers :)

Nice work and this is the first AX11 made by forum member, I'm sure there will be many others in the future.
Regards

Hi,

BD139/140 are warm but not to mutch. You can touch them without any problem. But BC639/640 are very hot. The amplifier runs with +-38V DC. And I have not tested yet with power.

regards Olaf

Maybe testing with another pair BD139/140 replacing BC639/640. Same characteristics, better dissipation (to-126 x to-92).

Any recommendation from Apex?

Regards.

Last edited:
Maybe testing with another pair BD139/140 replacing BC639/640. Same characteristics, better dissipation (to-126 x to-92).

Any recommendation from Apex?

Regards.

BF471/472, BF871/872... many pairs can be use in this design, also CCS current and heat on VAS transistors can be reduce: just use 220R instead 180R in CCS. Gain can be increase: use 680R instead 2k2 in feedback... this amp is for fan.

AX11 PSU with protect

Attachments

• APEX AX11 PSU.jpg
    APEX AX11 PSU.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 2,923
  • Apex AX11SCH.jpg
    Apex AX11SCH.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2,825
Last edited:
I've played a bit. A small heatsink connected with thermal adhesive (more for peace of mind;-). Some photos for 20kHz, 10kHz and 1 kHz with signal generator until 30V peak to peak at output. Load resistance and heatsink are good warm (too small).
In each perspective the amplifier operates stable and has a warm and transparent sound.
It is a very nice, cool amplifier - typical apex.
It's fun to build it and you get an impressive sound.

Thanks again to Apex.
regards

Attachments

• 20kHz_30V.jpg
    20kHz_30V.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 10kHz_30V.jpg
    10kHz_30V.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 1kHz_30V.jpg
    1kHz_30V.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,091
  • TestEquipment.jpg
    TestEquipment.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 2,289
  • LittleHeatsink.jpg
    LittleHeatsink.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 2,598
I've played a bit. A small heatsink connected with thermal adhesive (more for peace of mind;-). Some photos for 20kHz, 10kHz and 1 kHz with signal generator until 30V peak to peak at output. Load resistance and heatsink are good warm (too small).
In each perspective the amplifier operates stable and has a warm and transparent sound.
It is a very nice, cool amplifier - typical apex.
It's fun to build it and you get an impressive sound.

Thanks again to Apex.
regards

Nice, you can use 100pF instead 330pF if amplifier operates stable.
Regards