DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thank man :) if I made the Sprint file you don't mind if I share the files here so other can have it a and try it out ;)

Best Regards
Juan

Hey!. Its all for share and its all Mr. Miles design. Thats why I posted eagle files. Sure go ahead. You will will make a beautiful job of it, I am sure. Here are the updated protect eagle files.

Already populating 3-pair DC servo mosfet amp. Awaiting some components:eek:. Once tested I will share those files too, for DIY.:)

reg
Prasi

Attachments

• fx100psu+protect-70v wo clip-corr-alt.zip
    141 KB · Views: 226
  • 123BRD.png
    123BRD.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 889
  • 123SCH.png
    123SCH.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 852
Hey!. Its all for share and its all Mr. Miles design. Thats why I posted eagle files. Sure go ahead. You will will make a beautiful job of it, I am sure. Here are the updated protect eagle files.

Already populating 3-pair DC servo mosfet amp. Awaiting some components:eek:. Once tested I will share those files too, for DIY.:)

reg
Prasi

I will make Sprint 6 file for friends here so they can have fun :) thanks for sharing sir :up:

Best Regards
Juan

Something to keep in mind with this PSU is that the filter section is just a simple two cap filter. The beauty of it is that the speaker protection is included.

Yes. My feeling is PSU can be improved. e.g. quasimodo circuit (suggested by rsavas), higher filter capacitance in CRC configuration and MUR1560 diodes + some local decoupling, it could be much better. Mr. Miles can suggest/ make improvements.
reg
Prasi

Last edited:
I believe this combination F100/F100-PSU was designed for PA use so ultra clean filtering was not the goal. I think durability, power and compactness was the rule. This PSU has an additional 24v out for a fan and also a +-12-15V out to supply a pre or something. A very useful setup just not ultra clean. Of course there is nothing stopping someone from upping the filter caps to higher values if desired.

Blessings, Terry

I believe this combination F100/F100-PSU was designed for PA use so ultra clean filtering was not the goal. I think durability, power and compactness was the rule. This PSU has an additional 24v out for a fan and also a +-12-15V out to supply a pre or something. A very useful setup just not ultra clean. Of course there is nothing stopping someone from upping the filter caps to higher values if desired.

Blessings, Terry

Yes F100/F100-PSUwas designed for PA and there is clip leds and OCL protect...

Nice pcb, what about PSU and Protect?
Regards

Tested the amp. sound is nice, neutral (only test speakers now). I didnt have proper ceramic caps, used 22p instead of 10 p across the MPSA B-C. The blue ceramic caps used are 1kV and dont know if they are suitable.
three problems,
1. there is hiss when sound is muted. should I remove the 2r2 ground lift and connect i/p ground directly to psu?:confused:
2. during changeover from one music track to next track, there is a thump noise. :confused::confused:
3. minor problem is that there is a start thump, which a speaker delay will eliminate.
reg
Prasi

Attachments

• apex mosfet.jpg
    apex mosfet.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 699
The thump is likely coming from your source. I have a cheap DA converter that does the same thing.

Hiss can be harder to locate. It could be oscillation. A scope reading of the noise helps.

Yes, you are right. The thump (during track change) gone when I changed the source (mobile). Funny thing, I had used the same source , for my previous builds w/o such a problem.

Tested the amp. sound is nice, neutral (only test speakers now). I didnt have proper ceramic caps, used 22p instead of 10 p across the MPSA B-C. The blue ceramic caps used are 1kV and dont know if they are suitable.
three problems,
1. there is hiss when sound is muted. should I remove the 2r2 ground lift and connect i/p ground directly to psu?:confused:
2. during changeover from one music track to next track, there is a thump noise. :confused::confused:
3. minor problem is that there is a start thump, which a speaker delay will eliminate.
reg
Prasi

Nice work... remove 2R2 and connect input ground directly to psu ground.
Regards

Removing the 2r2 and connecting i/p gnd to psu gnd solved the problem. There is still a minor hum when ear is next to woofer, but not audible even from 10cm away.
connected to proper speakers, slight start-up thump, other than that no unwanted behavior. sound is very nice. bass is good:up: :cheers:

Once I get correct value NPO/C0G caps, I will change to the recommended values and install rest of the pairs and listen again.

bias that I set-up is 32mV across the emitter resistor pair, everything is cool:).
even with only single pair, with 32V supply, its loud !, even at very low pot volume setting. I can only imagine what will happen at 3 pairs, 70V .

reg
Prasi

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.