DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• APEX  FX100 PSU flat rectifyier.jpg
    APEX FX100 PSU flat rectifyier.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 895
Hello Terry
greetings really fast work in picture you use 560 ohms in parallel with the 2
in4148 in series any reason schematic shows 1K on my protype build over
current protection would kick in at 70% volume on 2 pair ax14 version adding
.22 5 watt in parallel with the existing .1 solved the problems
warm regards
Andrew

Hello Terry
greetings really fast work in picture you use 560 ohms in parallel with the 2
in4148 in series any reason schematic shows 1K on my protype build over
current protection would kick in at 70% volume on 2 pair ax14 version adding
.22 5 watt in parallel with the existing .1 solved the problems
warm regards
Andrew
In addition to above the 4148 diode appears to be reversed.

Hi Sonal,

Do you have a schematic that matches your layout? Mine is not working and I'm having trouble finding the error without the schematic.

Thanks, Terry

Layout is ok but Polarity of 10uF/ 100V capacitor near 1k2 5W resistor is reversed. I missed it on revision of layout. I have attached corrected photo.

Attachments

• FX100 PSU V2a.jpg
    FX100 PSU V2a.jpg
    894.8 KB · Views: 912
And we have very good news! the amp plays really nice. I have installed all 3 pairs and playing music thro test speakers.
I figured the problem with hum was due to me twisting both left and right channel grounds together on the i/p.
Also, it seems the amp gets better and better with bias with 3 pairs. earlier it was around 70-72 mA per pair with 32 V supply- not so good. Now its 90mA per pair with 45V supply, really nice. I would like to increase it further to try but current heatsink is limiting factor.

Thank you Mr. Mile!.

@ Andrew
Ah! why didnt I think of that!. Guess when I am building something, I miss even trivial calculations. Thanks for the tip, but its working fine with 24p in those places.:D

reg
Prasi
sorry for poor quality pic, its mid night here and too lazy to get the camera out.

Attachments

• fx100-3pair.jpg
    fx100-3pair.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 868
And we have very good news! the amp plays really nice. I have installed all 3 pairs and playing music thro test speakers.
I figured the problem with hum was due to me twisting both left and right channel grounds together on the i/p.
Also, it seems the amp gets better and better with bias with 3 pairs. earlier it was around 70-72 mA per pair with 32 V supply- not so good. Now its 90mA per pair with 45V supply, really nice. I would like to increase it further to try but current heatsink is limiting factor.

Thank you Mr. Mile!.

@ Andrew
Ah! why didnt I think of that!. Guess when I am building something, I miss even trivial calculations. Thanks for the tip, but its working fine with 24p in those places.:D

reg
Prasi
sorry for poor quality pic, its mid night here and too lazy to get the camera out.

Nice work.
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.