DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not a big fan of solid state, but I have some questions!

I do not understand why you have C2 as well as C1.
What are the big 0.22R resistors for?
What is the loop feedback gain/amount?
What is the crossover distortion with the loop feedback removed?
I think you need a bias so you can also run in class AB (my opinion)
Why is there no bypass cap for the zener of the driver circuit?
Why is there no Zobel network (LC) on the output?
If input was overloaded that produce DC on zeners for limiter (C2)
0.22R equalise current from unmached mosfets
With BD139 on heatsink you can run amplifier in class AB
Not nessesery to bypass zener
There is Zobel network on output but RC shunt.
Regards

H100

Cascode in input, class H output...

Attachments

• APEX H100 MON.jpg
    APEX H100 MON.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 3,918
hI Miles,

I have built the ckt using the pcb in post#33 , using +/- 48 psu unloaded but I'm getting +44v in the output ( reference to gnd) connecting ground wire to the input the same result. Replaced the tl071 and bd139 but also the same. I've used the specified tranny IRF240/IRFP9240, is the yellow LED supposed to lit when the amp is normally operational? Do you have some guide on what should be the nominal voltage reading in the particular point on that circuit if there are that will be a big help in the troubleshooting.

Regards,
Stcboy

hI Miles,

I have built the ckt using the pcb in post#33 , using +/- 48 psu unloaded but I'm getting +44v in the output ( reference to gnd) connecting ground wire to the input the same result. Replaced the tl071 and bd139 but also the same. I've used the specified tranny IRF240/IRFP9240, is the yellow LED supposed to lit when the amp is normally operational? Do you have some guide on what should be the nominal voltage reading in the particular point on that circuit if there are that will be a big help in the troubleshooting.

Regards,
Stcboy
You must connect separate ground wire from PSU to input GND. Yellow LED lit when the amp is normally oprational.
Regards

Attachments

• APEX F100sch.jpg
    APEX F100sch.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 3,047
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.