MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

HERE IT IS.
my hard disk is burned, so u have to draw the copper layout.

Attachments

• APEX Protect LED PCB.jpg
    APEX Protect LED PCB.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,476
Do you connect 10k NTC for thermal protect or 10k resistor instead NTC, 1uF capacitor is for turn on delay do not remove but use 4,7uF to increase time to 5 sec.

Yes i have used 10k NTC when i insert 1uF capacitor the relay is switching on/off/on/off......when i remove its stopping and working fine with DC protect and thermal protect except turn on delay

hi comasus,
can u tell me how u check dc protect and thermal protect working or not, i already checked. but how u did?
what is the relay delay time when on and off.

can u post some images top and bottom pcb

I have checked it by giving 2vdc by DMM
and used solder for ntc
turn on delay is not working
i have inserted in the speaker box with the amplifier so for the images i have to remove the cover again
expect turn on delay remaining is perfect so i have kept it inside confidently

how u make the pcb? toner transfer method or silkscreen. which layout u followed.
u said turn on delay is not working. then why u put inside the speaker box, can u share some images. top and bottom pcb.

Toner transfer
Followed attached image
I posted my problem but no help and compromised having dc protect
I put inside the speaker as the amplifier was fitted in it

Attachments

• APEX NE555 Protect Terminal.jpg
    APEX NE555 Protect Terminal.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,330
If you had used Lateral Mosfets in the output stage then i guess you could get away with such a simple biasing scheme. Lateral Mosfets have a negative temperature coefficient so they'll tend to reduce quiescent current as they heat up.

IRFP240 & it's complement have a positive temp coefficient (until they are drawing many Amps of current) so they'll conduct more current as they heat up. There is no allowance for this in your circuit diagram, you'd need something similar to what is used in a transistorised output stage.

I might be wrong, but i don't think so ;)
hello,i have an problem.i use microcontroller to switch mosfet(IRF840) in boost converter but when i connect the microcontroller its output decreasing thats why it cannot switch this mosfet.so how can i remove this loading problem,plz