MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

Hi! Mile

Simple Soft-start, DC, Thermal and Overload Protect with NE555. Use single 12vac for suply.

Will this relay work for this protect

Attachments

• 26052012058.jpg
    26052012058.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 1,465
  • 26052012059.jpg
    26052012059.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 1,257
Simple Full Complementary Simetry +/-80V. Voltage amplifier/driver biased with 30mA. This driver circuit stabilized BIAS in output stage. Exelent stability without oscilation, hum and noise, sound great.
RMS Power: 240W 8ohm, 350W 4ohm

Sir Apex,

I have 30 pcs. of original 2SK1518, im planing to use it as output for this mosfet amp.

Do you think it will work?

Regards....\\\

Simple Soft-start, DC, Thermal and Overload Protect with NE555. Use single 12vac for suply.

Hi! Mile

In how many seconds the relay will be open circuited for speaker output when there is DC present in amp output ??
and the same duration applies to soft-start??

and you told that use single 12vac for supply but what are those two 12vac in the pcb,where the ground should be connected?

what is that pro? for led or overload detect ckt?

Last edited:
Hi! Mile

In how many seconds the relay will be open circuited for speaker output when there is DC present in amp output ??
and the same duration applies to soft-start??

and you told that use single 12vac for supply but what are those two 12vac in the pcb,where the ground should be connected?

what is that pro? for led or overload detect ckt?

Hi! Mile

Please read this post

So many people asking the same questions again and again and again... You people should read more about themes that you're interested in,and learn how to use the "Search" option on this forum. To find a few answers about osstriper's Mongrel ,first thing i have done was to read the whole thread,second was the "search" option and than i posted a few questions. I will post all files that i have found SEARCHING THE FORUMS just when i get home,now i'm writting from mobile phone.

Here you are:

Attachments

• ZECK MOSFET-BJT šema zaštite.JPG
    ZECK MOSFET-BJT šema zaštite.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,523
  • tekst.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 283
  • APEX NE555 Protect Terminal ogledalo.jpg
    APEX NE555 Protect Terminal ogledalo.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,498
  • APEX NE555 Protect Terminal.jpg
    APEX NE555 Protect Terminal.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,490
  • protect top silk pdf.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 405
  • protect plo?ica 3D.JPG
    protect plo?ica 3D.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,594
  • protect dio.jpg
    protect dio.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,711
  • apex pro ne555 sve.pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 550
  • protect bakar ogledalo pdf.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 475
Answers:

*In how many seconds the relay will be open circuited for speaker output when there is DC present in amp output ??*

As long as there is dc-voltage on the input of the NE555 protection.

*and the same duration applies to soft-start??*

Soft-start is at 220V/110V input of the transformer and has nothing to do with NE555 protection.

Time delay of switching speakers on from NE555 is about three seconds,that is how it is on my NE555 protection. The time of a delay can be increased by enlarging capacity of 1uF (C52 on schematic).

*and you told that use single 12vac for supply but what are those two 12vac in the pcb,where the ground should be connected?*

He said it right,there is no ground or anything else on a one secondary transformer. Use one secondary transformer and connect it to a 12Vac 12Vac connectors-take a look at the schematisc.

*what is that pro? for led or overload detect ckt?*

PRO is connection for an overload detector,an the files for PRO circuit are http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...et-amplifier-irfp240-irfp9240-protect-dio.jpg
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...ifier-irfp240-irfp9240-protect-plo-ica-3d.jpg
and the pdf files below post 616 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mplifier-irfp240-irfp9240-62.html#post3044583

Hope that i helped a bit...

*In how many seconds the relay will be open circuited for speaker output when there is DC present in amp output ??*

As long as there is dc-voltage on the input of the NE555 protection.

*and the same duration applies to soft-start??*

Soft-start is at 220V/110V input of the transformer and has nothing to do with NE555 protection.

Time delay of switching speakers on from NE555 is about three seconds,that is how it is on my NE555 protection. The time of a delay can be increased by enlarging capacity of 1uF (C52 on schematic).

*and you told that use single 12vac for supply but what are those two 12vac in the pcb,where the ground should be connected?*

He said it right,there is no ground or anything else on a one secondary transformer. Use one secondary transformer and connect it to a 12Vac 12Vac connectors-take a look at the schematisc.

*what is that pro? for led or overload detect ckt?*

PRO is connection for an overload detector,an the files for PRO circuit are diyAudio
diyAudio
and the pdf files below post 616 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mplifier-irfp240-irfp9240-62.html#post3044583

Hope that i helped a bit...
What is the other board on right side of the picture??
Where the led is to be connected??

Attachments

• DSC02918 copy.jpg
    DSC02918 copy.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 842
Last edited: