U3090MG (Display Driver Vishay-TFK) for FV112 Futuba Data Sheet wanted

TFKU3090 U3090MK Driver IC for Futuba Display FV112

TFK U3090 (U3090MK) for Marantz from Telefunken (display driver for Futuba Display FV112) Datasheet still wanted

for troubleshooting in a CD player PCD2 (PCD 2) from Proceed I need a data sheet of the 40-pin. dual inline IC "U 3090 MK" from Telefunken Mikroelectronik. The same type also used in some Marantz models from the same aera.

complete own create schematics of PCD2 you will find there:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/92348-proceed-pcd2.html

Unfortunately I am not succeed to find a PDF data sheet.

I have 15 pcs of U3090MG in original Telefunken tube pakage. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need :) !

Attachments

• TFK_U3090MG.JPG
    TFK_U3090MG.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 438
I have 15 pcs of U3090MG in original Telefunken tube pakage. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need :) !
Thank you for this advice. From which supplier you has been order? Perhaps I can ask there for a datasheet.
I have heard, that this IC together with the same Futuba display works also in some cd player models from Marantz. If I have the exactly models, I can order service manual and then I have at least the internal IC functional circuit (block diagram).

Last edited:
Datasheet still wanted

in the meantime I have find out, that a wide range of German's IC's are not to find about alldatasheet and datasheetarchive and even not about
Phase-Control Circuit - General Purpose Feedback
In the attachment you will find cover images of folders and databooks from Telefunken (TFK, later Temic Semiconductors), where the U3090 (U 3090M U3090M 3090) could be mentionded. Perhaps one of the members might have one of this databooks and can check out this - thank you very much therefore.

BTW - about the thread was also mentioned this VFD controller in use by a Sony CD player:
http://www.grix.it/forum/forum_thread.php?id_forum=5&id_thread=17075
Who know the associated model number?

Attachments

• TFK U3090M+Futuba2044277090_0d6cac2fea.jpg
    TFK U3090M+Futuba2044277090_0d6cac2fea.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 208
  • TFK U3090M.jpg
    TFK U3090M.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 193
  • TFK integrierte Digitalschaltungen.jpg
    TFK integrierte Digitalschaltungen.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 384
  • TFK Integrated Circuits.jpg
    TFK Integrated Circuits.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 387
  • TFK electronic components 1976.jpg
    TFK electronic components 1976.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 361
  • TFK digitale integrierte Schaltkreise.jpg
    TFK digitale integrierte Schaltkreise.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 358
  • TFK integrierte Schaltungen 1979-1980.jpg
    TFK integrierte Schaltungen 1979-1980.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
hi,
it is the some as tms3763 You may find it in philips cd player (cd 650/cd620/cd820/cd604 etc...)
Unfortunately even from TI's display driver there is not to find a data sheet, also not by TI itself - go to
Search Results - TI.com

From where you have get this information?
Are there a Philips/Marantz service bulletin, where this is to read?
Thank you for your advices.

The block diagram of TFK's U3090MG unfortunately does not replace a detailed data sheet.

About
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/121352-old-philips-dac-module-info-required.html
both chip types are mentioned (MAB8441 firmware - home-brew bit-bashing technique, go to page 6).

BTW - more images from Proceed's PCD-2 I have upload there:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/92348-proceed-pcd2-2.html#post2883927

Attachments

• U3090MG Blockdiagram Marantz CD50 Philips CD824.pdf
    142.1 KB · Views: 354
  • U3090MG Philips CD-604.pdf
    33.1 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Hi,
PCD2 is basically very similar to cd650. I find as display drivers U3090 or TMS3763 in many cd player marantz (40 50 60) or philips ever with display FV112. Sometime was k.o. only U3090 but in this PCD2 i find k.o. also MAB8441 & MAB8461.
By ebay i find also the correct revision upc (Mab8441xyyy and Mab8461xyyy).

I don't find a datasheet about the display driver U3090
(used e. g. by Proceed audio devices).
Who knows more?
Thank you for your advices.

May I revive this thread? I am looking at a friends Proceed PCD2 player.
He tried to mend it himself but put connector P1 in incorrectly causing damage to the display board. My quirey is, I have replaced the U3090MG VFD driver and MAB8461P W105 processor but s.data line is 38 Ohms to ground, this cannot work on I2C bus! It proved to be U3090 has internal resistance pin 30 (S.data) to ground (pin 25)
I obtained from another source replacement U3090 and measured pins 30 to 25 whilst still in its antistatic pad, 38 Ohms again!!
Am I unlucky in getting 2 faulty I/Cs or am I missing something simple here?
See tiefbassuebertr's excellent schematics earlier in this thread.

Hi Chiahead, This gave me a lot of greif, I was repairing a Proceed PCD2 with the advise from the owner to repair it "Whatever it costs"! In the end I bought a philips cd player from ebay that had a U3090MG fitted and believe it or not, it measured 38 ohms to ground on the Data line. However when powered up it all worked!
I hope that this is of help, What unit are you repairing?
Mike

Hi Mclaren2, thanks a lot for a prompt reply and useful info, it is indeed helpful. My unit is Marantz CD72. I disconnected the data line and it can play but, of course, no display or control works. Given your experience, the problem must be elsewhere, but where? I am a bit puzzled by how your new unit can work and still have 38 Ohm to ground (0.11 A current through U3090MG?). Have you you been able to fix the unit you have been working on? Have you ended up putting in another U3090MG replacement?

Last edited:
Hi Chiahead, to be clear, the I/C that had 38 ohm to ground works ok. When it's powered up there must be some weird circuitry in it that releases this anomaly. The PCD2 that I worked on was a year or two ago now, yes I did fix it, after changing most of the semis in it. As stated earlier in this thread the customer caused all these problems by fitting a multipole connector in backwards!!
On the Marantz, do you have any buttons stuck in, is the IR receiver giving out any eronious signal? Elektrotanya has many helpful circuits available.
Good luck,
Mike

Hi Mclaren2, all buttons seem to be fine and am not sure about IR. I did try disconnecting the IR line to see if it would make any difference but it did not help - the display does not lined up and none of the buttons work, although the CDs loads and play. Do you recall which parts you ended up replacing? Were they all on the display/control board? I think I will try to measure voltages on U3090MG to see if they are within the specs but this will have to wait for a week or so. Thanks again for the hints.