Elektor Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elecktor Projects

Not quite an answer to your question, but I thought I would add mine to the thread as it refers to Elektor publications.

Has anyone got scanned copies of "big" (350 - 1000 Watt+) amp projects as published in Elektor magazines (or any other magazine) that they can send to me, or let me know if they are available on the net and where?

I started a thread recently regarding a 350 Watt Mosfet amp, and the forum mentioned it was similar to the Elektor Kilowatter, and a Titan was also mentioned. I have had a look at the Elektor website, but it is difficult to find what I am looking for without the project publication dates etc. I also would like to have a look at the project before having to spend lots of money on the CD, not knowing what I am actually going to get. (The South African Rand is not worth much in Dollar terms.)

Is there a legal problem with scanning an article and mailing it to someone or having a copy on a webpage?
DieterD

DieterD,

I'm not sure whether scanning articles and posting them on the web is considered infringement of copyright laws. The Kilowatter mentioned in other treads is actually a 500W MOSFET pa amp that can be bridged to give 1KW. I have built it but did not exactly find it to be a 1st class "hifi" amp but is excellent for AV or sound reinforcement purposes. The Titan is a recent Bipolar Transistor amp giving about 300W per channel. The specifications are very good and I have asked in other treads whether anybody have built it. I will let you know if I get any replies. However, some of the Japanese transistors in the Titan are very new and not easily available.
BTW, Elektor provides articles photocopying services which may be cheaper than buying the whole CD. Perhaps you can check on that!

ckt

ckt

I am actually looking for PA/sound reinforcement type amps, as my son plays in a band, and is always looking for more power. Do you have the date the Kilowatter was published, so that I can see if I can get a photocopy of the article from Elektor ? (or mail me a scanned copy)
I have started building the 350 watt Mosfet we discussed in another thread, but am always on the lookout for more, bigger & better amps.

DieterD

Hello Dieter,

I can scan the kilowatter article and sent it to you. The only problem is that it is in dutch from "elektuur". Tell me if you want it.

ckt,

I´ve repaired/finished an LFA for someone who tried to build it and know someone else who build it. Problem with both was that the amp wasn´t very stable (thermally speaking) and kept blowing up if the bias current was set at an high enough level. The sound wasn´t very good as far as I can remember. I remember there were lots of letters to elektor about this and they advised better matching of the output devices.

william

Hi William,
Dutch will be fine, our "local" language Afrikaans is derived from Dutch and I am sure I will understand it all. I would really appreciate it. (I am building the 350 watter in Italian, so this should be easy!)
I have contacted Elektor England regarding photo copies and will see what they come up with.

DieterD

Kilowatter

DieterD,

I have the English language articles of the project spread over 2 issues of Elektor, May and June 1986. Problem is I don't have a scanner! I suggest you try with Elektor whether they can sell you photocopies. If they can't do it, let me know and I'll try to find someone with a scanner and email the articles to you.

ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.